The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

banned forum user

2 posters

Go down

banned forum user Empty banned forum user

Post by Meztay March 8th 2010, 23:04

I have recently encountered a malicious spammer on my forum after many requests to stop, I banned him from the forum by name, e-mail and ip. The problem is that his IP seems to change whenever he logs on. so far I have a list of 30 IP addresses and when I search for the origin it comes back to the same location address. This person creates a new profile using a free email account and re registers on the forum. I have changed the activation of new accounts to manual but because this person creates so many new accounts I no longer can tell if it is a genuine new user or just the person I want to ban, so no new users are activated. on one account alone I have probably about 30 IP addresses that he has posted from.

I can't let this person continue to verbally abuse the other forum users, some of the people he has insulted are fairly young. Is there anyway I can stop him registering?

I have identified that most of the IP's start with 90.201.xx.xx but i can't seem to ban using xx.xx as a variable. if i could do that then it would him most of the time. He would have to keep logging in and out until he got an IP without those variables.

My forum is http://www.dtk-clan.net/forum.htm
Meztay

Language : English

Back to top Go down

banned forum user Empty Re: banned forum user

Post by Stooo March 8th 2010, 23:25

Can you not ban the IP range like so: 90.201.*.* ?
Stooo

Back to top Go down

Post by Meztay March 8th 2010, 23:33

thank you so much ... i was trying to use x ... that didn't work but the * has worked
Meztay

Back to top Go down

Post by Stooo March 8th 2010, 23:39

Meztay wrote:thank you so much ... i was trying to use x ... that didn't work but the * has worked

No problem Mr. Green
Stooo

Back to top Go down