The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skin/Theme Chooser

4 posters

Go down

Skin/Theme Chooser Empty Skin/Theme Chooser

Post by Sparked March 13th 2010, 2:11 pm

Hi, firstly I think Forumotion is great however im very very surprised that you there is nowhere where members can choose skins etc.

I know this has been suggested by many before and for quite some time but why hasnt anything been done for this? If you are working on it when can we expect to see it?

What are your views on this matter?
Sparked

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Skin/Theme Chooser Empty Re: Skin/Theme Chooser

Post by kirk March 13th 2010, 5:42 pm

have members choose there own skin?
well that would stink for all the people that put so much work into customizing there own.. but i think i have seen this option before on a paid host.

all you can do is suggested it on the suggestions board.. be sure to make sure there is not already another topic a few pages in for it first.

thanks
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparked March 13th 2010, 5:45 pm

What i mean is some sort of drop down menu with a choice of 3/4 skins that members could choose rather than being forced to stick with one. Forumotion is the only forum provider that i know who does not have this option!
Sparked

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 13th 2010, 6:05 pm

yeah i know what you mean.. i just hope if they ever do add that option they allow the admin to choose whether or not to allow members to do that.

hahah i put way to much work into my forums for members to come in and choose there own skin.. and i think your exaggerating a Lil bit. the only host i believe i have seen offer this was vbulletin.. but i am not sure.

i know paid phpbb you can choose different skins for each forum or sub forum.and i have used that before which is a cool feature.. but ion my opinion if members are coming to your forum it should be your forum/theme and skin.. it's not myspace where people can pimp there pages out... hahaha Razz
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DustyBones March 26th 2010, 8:09 am

I think this option would be great. Especially if admin can pick the themes to choose from. In this way, you could have only themes made by you available if you wanted.
DustyBones
DustyBones
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1234

http://raps-graphics.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ankillien March 26th 2010, 10:45 am

Hello,

There is no option in admin panel to add multiple themes but you can do it via template editing if you are using phpBB2 or punBB.
ankillien
ankillien
Energetic

Language : English, XHTML, CSS, JS, PHP, SQL

Back to top Go down