The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum

2 posters

Go down

Is DC++ leagal

Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum Left110%Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum Left110%Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Poll closed

Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum Empty Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum

Post by Prathmesh August 22nd 2006, 12:06 am

Is DC++ and related stuff allowed to be posted in forums ???
If not then I would like to leave the the editboard immidiately.
So if DC++ topics aren't allowed to be discussed I would like to close all of the accounts on this network including the account of 'The forum of the forums'.
So please delete all my confidential data and my email address from your database if DC++ topics are not allowed
Thank you Smile
Prathmesh

Male Posts : 3
Language : 20

Back to top Go down

Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum Empty Re: Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum

Post by Cornelia August 22nd 2006, 1:57 am

Hello.

uh... what is DC++ ???

I've heard about C++, but not about DC++... Confused
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum Empty Re: Is DC++ allowed in my personal forum

Post by Wiegraf August 22nd 2006, 4:43 am

Hi ^^

I've asked one of my friends, who told me DC++ is a Peer To Peer software Confused

Here is a part of the rules when you create a forum :

1. peer to peer link exchange (edonkey, emule, bittorrent…),

I will ask an administrator to take a look at this, he'll know what to do Wink

But please let me ask you a question : will your forum give peer to peer links, or will you just talk about DC++ (the software only, without giving any links and stuff Wink ). Because in the second case, you forum will be considered as legal Smile

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Post by Prathmesh August 22nd 2006, 7:44 am

No. My forum is for the support of DC++ users who join the DC++ hubs and we'll discuss about various softwares used to connect DC++ hubs. This would be the platform for the DC++ users(Who gets banned) to clear there side, have thier say.

Besides we will post the PC Game guides, Walkthroughs, Hints etc. We will post links for the websites where other users can get Addons, Maps, Cheats etc.(nothing illegal.Mostly these things are provided free of cost from the respective software organiztions).

And answer of your point is DC++ is completely diffrent from other peer to peer softwares. There aren't any links or so in DC++. DC++ is just like LAN sharing.

Now about those peer to peer softwares. edonkey and emule may be has a magnet link just like urls of the websites you can use that link to download the files(I don't know much about it never used it). Torrent clients use torrent files which contains 'trakers' which are also similar to the urls of websites.

D.C. stands for Direct Connect

You can visit the forum any time and check it. Actually I've fallen in love of this system so it would be really difficult for me to leave the website. Sad You won't belive but I edited this message 5 times lol!

Sorry about the posting my forum link in the forums I just read the rules and I thought I made 3 mistakes using smily posting forum link and using 'lol' but I was wrong I made only 2 mistakes I havent used 'lol'

Last edited by on August 22nd 2006, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Prathmesh

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf August 22nd 2006, 10:12 am

LoL

I believe you, I already read this post before your editions xD

I've contacted one of the administrators, he needs to talk about it with the people wich handle the juridic part of Editboard, I'm waiting for his anwer Smile

Knight Wink
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiegraf August 23rd 2006, 2:39 pm

Hi Prathmesh ^^

I've talked with Laurent (french side administrator), and, since you're only talking about DC++ and not giving any links or else, you forum is totally legal Wink

Knight Wink

Last edited by on August 24th 2006, 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Wiegraf

Back to top Go down

Post by Prathmesh August 24th 2006, 6:28 am

Thank you very much !!!
Prathmesh

Back to top Go down