The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visual Basic Scripting

2 posters

Go down

Visual Basic Scripting Empty Visual Basic Scripting

Post by krawndemon May 12th 2010, 3:08 pm

Hi there! Ive recently created a forum at d2asia-usa.net using forumotion and have come to a bit of a stump. I successfully managed to script a new html page to the forum, and am trying to make another one as a Lottery section.

I created a program using visual basic and here is what it looks like

Visual Basic Scripting Visual10

How do I embed the script for it, into the html page?

If you could help me I would much appreciate it, thanks! I also want to make it such that not everybody can activate the program, and only moderators/admins
krawndemon

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Visual Basic Scripting Empty Re: Visual Basic Scripting

Post by kirk May 12th 2010, 8:25 pm

you just add the code to the html page?
as far as only allowing staff i dont think you can unless it's linked a forum on your board somehow that they only have access too.

i have no idea what you are creating.. you have to explain exactly what it is you are trying to do and post any codes you might have so we test them.

You also have to make sure what ever the feature is are compatible with forumotion and dose require access to any data base.

please explain more.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by krawndemon May 13th 2010, 12:04 am

visual basic scripting is not HTML. so the html page doesnt recognise the code. it has to be embeded somehow.
krawndemon

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 13th 2010, 1:36 am

well then you answered your own question.... lol
i never heard of it so i dont know what it is? whats the coding look like? you might have to convert it to html or it might be able to be applied to your template.. but i dont think it will do any good in a template if you want it on a html page.

what about the place or the people that created the code have you tried contacting them or googling how to convert to html so it will work?

i am shooting in the dark here. and without me even seeing what the coding looks like i cant even begin to think how it may be possible to use.

is it a code that starts out with <embed> or <object> then it should work?

post the code or try to explain more if we can help we will.

Info added
Have you even tried putting the code on html page?
because all the example i have seen on VB script will work.
so you have to post the code and let me see it. from what i seen in the examples from the link below there's reason whay you code should not work there.

http://www.w3schools.com/vbscript/vbscript_examples.asp

more added

what ever script you have try placing it in between the tags below and see if that works.
if not then come back and explain as much as you can. i am beginning to there is a relatively easy solution to this.. One can only hope... lol

Code:

<html>
<body>

place your script/code here
the try adding to you html page.

</html>
</body>

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn