The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post

+31
Beyonder
Agent Ward
Anzo
SophieDophs
_Twisted_Mods_
SarkZKalie
Van-Helsing
Count Dooku
Quirinus
PotSmuggle
BL@DE
Derri
Puttfunhouse.
Jaffa909
Walshy95
Clug
Caihlem
KQ
jack1
Farhan Honey
Kuro L Lawliet
Behaviour???
GG2012
Doctor Inferno
Flamin
Dumbledore27
marvin_silent25
Jophy
Ape
Sanket
invisible_fa
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post

Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post - Page 2 Left1188%Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post - Page 2 Right11 88% 
[ 68 ]
Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post - Page 2 Left1112%Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post - Page 2 Right11 12% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 77

Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post - Page 2 Empty Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post

Post by invisible_fa May 12th 2010, 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

First of all, I`m sorry if this was already suggested, but I didn´t saw it.

It would be nice that, when a Staff moves/deletes a post, the post creator would recive a PM in the forum comunicating the action, for example:

"Hello [Name of the person who created the post]:

The Moderator [name of the mod wich did the action] has [moved/deleted (depending of what was done)] your post called [post title with hyperlink] from [name of the section in wich was the post in] to [new section wich was moved to]"

This would be if the post gets moved, but, if post gets deleted, simply gets the advice of it, something like:

Hello [Name of the person who created the post]:

"The Moderator [name of the mod wich did the action] has deleted your post. You can PM him/her to ask the reason of this"

Yes, I know some of you will say that users can go to their profile and look for your recently done post to see if a post was deleted or moved, but some people don´t do it, trust me, and very often makes a new post asking things like:

"Where is my post?"

And Staff have to answer it saying that it have been moved, deleted...etc...

Last edited by invisible_fa on May 15th 2010, 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 960
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post - Page 2 Empty Re: Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post

Post by Puttfunhouse. August 29th 2010, 12:10 am

Voted Yes

This feature will be quite handy, and almost a neccessity. I'd like the option to be something like when a staff member deletes a post, then it displays a little notification. This notification asks if the user would like to return to ____, or send a PM to the user who's post was deleted. If they choose the PM option, then it does one of two thing: Sends a PM Automatically containing the information (Post, Section, Deleted by, and Date) or you can choose the option for a pre-filled out PM that has the user in the 'To:' box, and has a PM Saying "Your post has been deleted on [Date] from the forum [forum or subforum].
Reason: [Reason post was deleted]"

~Valo
Puttfunhouse.
Puttfunhouse.
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post - Page 2 Empty Re: Automatic PM to the creator when an Staff Moves/Deletes a post

Post by invisible_fa September 1st 2010, 6:42 pm

Jaffa909 wrote:Yes for other no for me! I made a forum called trash so we done need to delete everything but would be nice for the members of my forum to be alerted automaticly when it goes to trash nice!

Voted yes

Thanks for voting hehe, but remeber this suggestion is not only when a post is deleted, also when a post is moved from other section or so. Very Happy
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 17th 2013, 3:49 pm

Vote yes
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa July 23rd 2013, 4:54 pm

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa July 30th 2013, 9:48 am

BUMP Very Happy
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa August 13th 2013, 10:37 pm

BUMP
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa August 22nd 2013, 4:50 pm

BUMP Wink 
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 2nd 2013, 1:58 am

BUMP
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 9th 2013, 2:09 am

BUMP Dawa 
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa October 1st 2013, 9:57 pm

BUMP Very Happy
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa October 10th 2013, 8:13 pm

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BL@DE October 10th 2013, 10:01 pm

i say yes Very Happy
BL@DE
Forumember

Male Posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by PotSmuggle December 24th 2014, 5:14 am

Yes, I need this option.
PotSmuggle
PotSmuggle
Forumember

http://satosere.forums.net.bz

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus December 25th 2014, 10:09 pm

Yep, please implement this.

I PM ever new user when I move their threads just so they don't open new ones or PM mods/admins asking them why we're "deleting" their threads and getting all angry without any reason. And it's a good learning tool for them to see what belongs where.

It would be so great to have this.
Quirinus

Language : English, Croatian, Italian, German, etc.

http://www.medianxl.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku December 29th 2014, 9:03 pm

invisible_fa wrote:First of all, I`m sorry if this was already suggested, but I didn´t saw it.

It would be nice that, when a Staff moves/deletes a post, the post creator would recive a PM in the forum comunicating the action, for example:

"Hello [Name of the person who created the post]:

The Moderator [name of the mod wich did the action] has [moved/deleted (depending of what was done)] your post called [post title with hyperlink] from [name of the section in wich was the post in] to [new section wich was moved to]"

This would be if the post gets moved, but, if post gets deleted, simply gets the advice of it, something like:

Hello [Name of the person who created the post]:

"The Moderator [name of the mod wich did the action] has deleted your post. You can PM him/her to ask the reason of this"

Yes, I know some of you will say that users can go to their profile and look for your recently done post to see if a post was deleted or moved, but some people don´t do it, trust me, and very often makes a new post asking things like:

"Where is my post?"

And Staff have to answer it saying that it have been moved, deleted...etc...

Sanket wrote:Not a bad option, but it should be choosable for members if they wish to receive such PM's.

Voted Yes.

Me too, i agree!! Wink both for your and Sanket's arguments.
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa January 5th 2015, 9:29 pm

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Van-Helsing January 5th 2015, 10:04 pm

Votes yes, very good
Van-Helsing
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2431
Language : English, Greek

http://itexperts.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa January 14th 2015, 10:28 pm

BUMP Dawa
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SarkZKalie January 15th 2015, 9:18 am

Voted yes, yes, absolutely yes. Should have an option like this for FM forums  héhé 
Thanks for great idea @invisible_fa and thank to Dev, if this suggest become real.
SarkZKalie
SarkZKalie
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1407

https://rotavn.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ January 15th 2015, 3:53 pm

i was planning on writing a script for this but after about 30 mins into it i realized when sending pm's that the time limit between making post would effect it and if your time limit is set to 30sec and you delete 6 messages the script would take 2.5 mins to send all of the pm's to all 6 users .. the only thing i could think of was to not use the moderate this forum and make it work for only 1 topic at a time witch i mean most people dont delete multiple things at once or move them for most part so this might work for some people .. idk i kinda set it to the side for now .... but anyways my vote is yes
_Twisted_Mods_
_Twisted_Mods_
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2108

http://liquidcode.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs January 15th 2015, 6:51 pm

My vote is NO.

It's just not necessary on my forum.

If this idea ever did get implemented (and don't hold your breath!) then this 'function' should have an ON/OFF option for Administrators.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku January 15th 2015, 7:12 pm

SophieDophs wrote:My vote is NO.

It's just not necessary on my forum.

If this idea ever did get implemented (and don't hold your breath!) then this 'function' should have an ON/OFF option for Administrators.

if it has an option yes/no you can vote yes and not validate it. I don't want to force you but think about this, as it may seem selfish if you vote no for a useful suggestion, yes useless to you can be useful to others...

Don't you agree?

I voted, es but there is no guarantee I use it, option, or no option, and if many think like you the vote will never pass, Laughing
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa February 11th 2015, 10:48 pm

BUMP Very Happy
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Anzo February 11th 2015, 11:35 pm

I don't mind such a feature for my forum; however, I don't really think anyone need this.

You can check your Admins/Mods Log from the AP. And If a Moderator deleted a post of a user for some reason, then the Moderator could simply PM that member and tell him the reason for why his post had to be deleted - assuming it violated the forum's rules or things like that.

I won't vote for this neither Yes or No, I just felt like stating my mind.
Anzo
Anzo
Forumember

Language : English/Arabic

http://www.duelacademy.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent Ward February 12th 2015, 2:02 am

Nice option; voted yes. But there also needs to be an option in 'preferences' on whether or not you want this enabled. Also, OP: Why do you use ` instead of '? ` is a diacritical mark used in many foreign languages, while ' is an apostrophe; it's also what you should be using, if you want to be grammatically correct.
Agent Ward
Agent Ward
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : English.

http://spamheaven.cakeforum.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa March 4th 2015, 12:31 pm

Bump Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder March 4th 2015, 1:50 pm

Nice idea.
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 721

http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa March 11th 2015, 3:11 pm

Bump Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Daemon March 27th 2015, 3:26 pm

I have made a code like that, I 'll post it...
* Code APP: Automatic post when moving topic.
* Made by Daemon - 2015/03/23

JavaScript code:

PunBB:
Code:
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
if(window.location.href.search('mode=move') >= 0) {
      var jHtml = '<dl>' +
                  '      <dt></dt>' +
                  '      <dd>' +
                  '        <label><input id="send_move_post" type="checkbox">Add a post to the topic that informs about this action?</label>' +
                  '      </dd>' +
                  '</dl>';
      jQuery(jHtml).insertBefore('.frm-buttons');
      jQuery('input[name="confirm"]').on('click', function(d) {
            var jVerify = jQuery('[name="new_forum"]').val();
            if(jVerify.indexOf('f') >= 0) {
              if(jQuery('#send_move_post').is(':checked')) {
                  d.preventDefault();
                  var jForum = jQuery('[name="f"]').val();
                  var jTopic = jQuery('[name="t"]').val();
                  var jCurrentLocal = jQuery('a.nav[href^="/f"]:last').text();
                  var jNewLocal = jQuery('[name="new_forum"] option:selected').text().split('--').pop();
                  var TID = jQuery('input[name="tid"]').val();
                  jQuery.post('/modcp?tid=' + TID, {
                        'new_forum': jVerify,
                        'mode': 'move',
                        'f': jForum,
                        't': jTopic,
                        'confirm': 'submit'
                  }).done(function() {
                        jQuery.post('/post?t=' + jTopic, {
                                  'mode': 'reply',
                                  'message': '[b]Automatic message[/b]\n\n\n\nThis topic has been moved from "[u]' + jCurrentLocal + '[/u]" to "[u]' + jNewLocal + '[/u]".',
                                  'post': 'submit',
                                  'attach_sig': '1'
                        }).done(function(e) {
                                  var href = jQuery(e).find('p.message a:first').attr('href');
                                  location.href = href;
                        }).fail(function() {
                                  alert("The topic has been moved, but an error occurred while trying to send post");
                        });
                  }).fail(function() {
                      alert("An error occurred when trying to move the topic");
                      location.reload();
                  });
              }
            } else {
                  d.preventDefault();
                  alert("Select a forum");
            }
      });
  }
});

Infos:
1 - The investment is on every page.
2 - Only works in PunBB.

Preview:
Spoiler:

This code, add a post to the topic that informs about this action...
Daemon
Daemon
Forumember

Language : Português

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Jesus April 5th 2015, 4:17 am

Great idea, voted yes!
Evil Jesus
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next