The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong?

5 posters

Go down

Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong? Empty Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong?

Post by DrewBlank May 13th 2010, 5:17 am

Hi!
Can you help please?
My forum: http://adventurepoint.forumotion.com/forum.htm
I'm the Administrator of my forum - Gelert
A while ago, I wasn't exactly sure if I was doing it right, but I set up hatshepsut as a Moderator for specific areas of the forum. To do that I created a Group called Moderator, with hatshepsut in the Group Moderator text box. It's worked well and, on the forum, her name, hatshepsut, appears below the description of the areas of the forum of which she is Moderator.
Now, I want to add another Moderator, name of Faust. I tried creating another Group and wanted to name that Group Moderator as well, because, put simply, he will be another Moderator. In the Group Name box I entered his name, Faust.
I have hatshepsut in green and Faust in red. So, at the bottom of my Home page of the forum I see: Legend - Administrators (in blue), Moderator (in green), and Moderator (in Red). That looks fine, but under the description of the forum area that I've made Faust Moderator for what I see is Moderator (in white). That is, if you take a look, under the category title 'The Adventure Point Technical Hitches and Tips Centre
'.
I'm confused as to what I've done wrong, and what I need to do if I haven't set this up correctly.
Can you help please?
It's important that 1 Moderator is Mod for some parts of the forums and the other Moderator is Mod for other parts, and with me, the Admin., responsible for yet other sections. I want duties shared out in that way.
Thanks for your help, in advance.
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong? Empty Re: Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong?

Post by Lizzard May 13th 2010, 4:31 pm

Hello,
You can do this: Admin Panel=>Users&Groups=>Users=>Search users=>Faust=>Permissions=>Mark as Moderator where you want=>Save.
Regards!
Lizzard
Lizzard
Forumember

Male Posts : 474
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong? Empty Re: Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong?

Post by DrewBlank May 13th 2010, 5:23 pm

Hi! Thanks for trying to help but, as I said above I've done that but, under the title of the part of the forum that Faust is Moderator for, it says this:

The Adventure Point Technical Hitches and Tips Centre
Having problems installing a game? Want to know if you can get a game to run on your system? ....
Moderator: Moderator

In other words, it doesn't say Faust, it just says Moderator. So nobody can tell WHO the Moderator IS. It should say Faust in red colour as it does at the bottom of the main page.

Under the headers where hatshepsut is Moderator it says her name in green colour as intended:

Adventure Game S.O.S.
Ask for help when you're stuck on a puzzle. Maybe there's a walkthrough available? Give or ask for game playing tips.
Moderator: hatshepsut

Any help appreciated. Thanks. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT: ........******Okay Lizzard. I apologise. It looks like you may be right. BUT, now it says Moderator and Faust. How should I get rid of the word Moderator under the title? But leaving the name Faust?
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank May 14th 2010, 8:34 pm

Hi! I guess, as 24 hours have passed, I can post again.

This is still not resolved. Could a moderator take a look at my forum page please, to see excatly what I'm talking about above? Thanks. :o)
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 14th 2010, 8:47 pm

Users & groups>Group administration
Click on Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong? Perms corresponding to the moderator group. Then Is moderator, uncheck it corresponding to the forum where it appears.
Save

See if that removes the text of moderator below the forum.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank May 14th 2010, 8:55 pm

Hi Sanket.

That did it. But tell me now, what do I do about the green Hatshepsut Group? Do I do the same?
Should Faust and Hatshepsut even be groups? Because now I see five lines of text in Group Administration. I see the following:

1 Administrators Group of the forum administrators Gelert Closed group No
2 Moderator This group is for the moderators of the forum. hatshepsut Closed group No
3 Moderator This group is for the moderators of the forum. Faust Closed group No
Faust Personal User Gelert Hidden group No
Gelert Personal User Gelert Hidden group No
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 14th 2010, 8:57 pm

To be honest, i am confused with what you exactly want to achieve. Can you tell me the end result that you expect?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank May 14th 2010, 9:05 pm

Hi Sanket. No. It looks good on the forum itself. But I need to know what to do when I add more moderators.

Should I have all these lines, because Faust and myself (Gelert), are on two lines, whereas hatshepsut is on just one line? Are all the lines necessary and why am I and Faust on two lines and hatshepsut on one? Faust and hatshepsut have equal status as mods, so why the difference? I'm confused because I can't see which lines are necessary and which one, or ones, aren't. Thanks Sanket.

As I say, five lines (head scratch!):

2 Moderator This group is for the moderators of the forum. hatshepsut Closed group No
3 Moderator This group is for the moderators of the forum. Faust Closed group No
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 14th 2010, 9:15 pm

You have personal groups. Thats how they are appearing on the forum index under the forums.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank May 14th 2010, 9:22 pm

Oh! But I never intended having personal groups. I don't even know what they are (?).

All I want is;
(1) . . . me (Gelert), as Administrator and as moderator of a few of the forum categories.
(2) . . . Faust as Moderator of 1 category.
(3) . . . hatshepsut as Moderator of the other categories.

Which lines should I have to just have that? I'm I have too many lines there for just that. Don't I? Do I even have to have groups for what I want (above)?
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket May 14th 2010, 9:30 pm

If you want your names below each of the forums, its the right way.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank May 14th 2010, 9:36 pm

It still doesn't make sense to me though. wHat puts the names below each of the forums?

This?
(1)

Or this?

(2)

If it's the second one, how come hatshepsut's name is under each of her forums when hatshepsut isn't included there?
If it's the first one, then what's the second one for, and why isn't hatshepsut on a line there?
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Spuddie978 May 18th 2010, 1:36 pm

admin panel, user and groups, group administrations create new group click save,modfly button,permisons Mark all HOPE THAT HELPED CHEERS also look at my site here http://dsi-rage.forumsmotion.com/index.htm Very Happy
Spuddie978
Forumember

Male Posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape May 18th 2010, 5:27 pm

ok i think i know what you want here lol

ok you want 2 mods in your site and one Admin
Do you want them to be the same color ?
or do you want them to be 2 color's

if you want them to be the same color then all you need to do is add the new name in to the same group this can be done by clicking in the Moderator and adding them in there then go to your admin page and do this

* Search users
* Modify a user
Click on Permissions Tab
then look down the page for the forums you wish the member to mod and tick the box like this
Difficulty adding another Moderator, or am I doing this all wrong? Untitl25

if you would like to Do it with the other color you just add them as the Group Moderator :
then do the same as i have said at the top of this post

Hope i was of help

~Ape~
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19177
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DrewBlank May 18th 2010, 5:34 pm

Thanks Spuddie978.
Thanks ape man. I think that should do it. I'll give it a go. Much appreciated. :o)
DrewBlank
DrewBlank
Forumember

Back to top Go down