The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Become Administrator

+2
MrMario
gareth-eldrett-cfa
6 posters

Go down

Become Administrator Empty Become Administrator

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 22nd 2010, 1:02 am

I've become the webmaster for a site and the site's forum is hosted here. The previous webmaster set the forum up a year ago and just ignored it until he left. Now I am in charge of the web site and the forum, however I do not have any details for the forum's admin account. Things are getting seriously out of hand in the forum with people making personal attacks about each other, etc. I need to do something about this, and quickly!

I have tried to contact the previous admin for their login details, however I have had no success. Another thread here suggested sending a PM to Luky or Typlo, but I can't PM yet because my post count is too low as I am new to the forum.

Does anyone have any idea how I can sort this out?
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Male Posts : 8
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Become Administrator Empty Re: Become Administrator

Post by MrMario May 22nd 2010, 1:05 am

There is only one person that you can contact to get founder information and that is Typlo. If you make one more post you will be able to send a message to Typlo.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 22nd 2010, 12:37 pm

Many thanks MrMario. That's a great help. Very Happy
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusacruzah May 22nd 2010, 12:54 pm

Good luck!
Jusacruzah

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 22nd 2010, 1:17 pm

Thanks Jusacruzah, I think I'm going to need it. I've been told that if I can't get the admin account details, I'd better close the forum. :headdesk:
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch May 22nd 2010, 1:41 pm

I very much doubt that Typlo would reset the password for you. It just seems a little suspicious, not saying you are trying to do anything. But this could be a hacker asking for the password if you get what I'm meaning Wink
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1042
Language : HTML & CSS (Learning)

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 22nd 2010, 2:11 pm

To be fair, it's not that suspicious. If you've become responsible for a forum where things are starting to get downright vicious and the admin account details have been lost, what can you do other than contact someone who can help. I wouldn't have thought a hacker would bother asking for the password, that's blatantly cheating. When did you ever hear of a burglar asking if he can borrow your front door key for a sec? LOL. I've given Typlo a bit more information than I'm going to put in a public forum. I hope there is something that can be done as I can't believe this is the first time in history a forum admin has gone AWOL.
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 22nd 2010, 2:16 pm

Hello,

Rblatch, consider the facts before posting, you may see something new, and Garaths example Wink

Gareth, as Typlo doesn't work today (although he does occasionally visit on Saturday) you most likely wont get a response.
I suggest PMing him again, a bit closer to Monday to get a reply, but don't delete the current PM, he may very well be visiting today Wink

When did you ever hear of a burglar asking if he can borrow your front
door key for a sec? LOL.
I coincide, lol Become Administrator 570385
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 22nd 2010, 2:44 pm

Thanks Darren, I'll PM Typlo again Monday if I don't hear anything. I really hope this will be a Saturday he checks in though. If it's not bad enough having to watch members sniping at each other and threatening to ban each other, outside of the forum I'm getting ban this person, ban that person, why are they on the forum they've already been banned, it's gone too far so just shut the forum down, etc. Honestly! I think I've just discovered what it would be like to be a pre-school teacher. LOL
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Back to top Go down

Post by rblatch May 22nd 2010, 3:21 pm

Darren1 wrote:Hello,

Rblatch, consider the facts before posting, you may see something new, and Garaths example Wink

Gareth, as Typlo doesn't work today (although he does occasionally visit on Saturday) you most likely wont get a response.
I suggest PMing him again, a bit closer to Monday to get a reply, but don't delete the current PM, he may very well be visiting today Wink

When did you ever hear of a burglar asking if he can borrow your front
door key for a sec? LOL.
I coincide, lol Become Administrator 570385

OK so let's make an example Darren. You have gone on holiday and have not notified anyone, I then contact Typlo saying that you have gone AWOL. So he gives me a new admin account on the forums, I then delete everything or even your forum. You telling me that, that is not possible?

gareth-eldrett-cfa wrote:Honestly! I think I've just discovered what it would be like to be a pre-school teacher. LOL

Really? I have more degree's then you can think of. I spent 4 years in med school dude Wink
rblatch
rblatch
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1042
Language : HTML & CSS (Learning)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spuddie978 May 22nd 2010, 3:32 pm

if people make attacks with each other perma delete them that what i would do Very Happy
Spuddie978
Forumember

Male Posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 22nd 2010, 3:46 pm

Aaaahhh, guys! No arguing! The 'oooh, he might be a hacker' conversation is closed. I've got slightly more than 'I'm in charge now, honest' like hosting information, and I'm obviously not going to post sensitive information about the forum or the associated website in a public forum. I'm not even going to say what forum it is on here, there's enough people using it as a free for all as it is.

Congratulations on your degrees rblatch, thought you need to make sure you don't get too many. A friend of mine had 359 degrees by the age of 27. He figured one more wouldn't hurt and it was the worst decision of his life as he ended up right back where he started. Very Happy

And I would do Spuddie978. The only problem is that although I'm in charge of the forum, no one (including the previous admin) knows the admin account password. (There aren't any active moderators either. grrr)
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 27th 2010, 8:20 pm

I've PM'd Typlo a couple of times about this but I have not had a reply. I don't suppose anyone knows if he's on holiday? Does anyone know anyone else I can contact?
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 28th 2010, 4:57 am

Just keep sending him PM's, but make sure they are with an explicit title Wink

Typlo is present, it's just he's hiding because he's doing alot of important work
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario May 28th 2010, 5:54 am

He's been away for the pass few days.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by gareth-eldrett-cfa May 28th 2010, 2:15 pm

Aaah, any idea when he'll be back? Is there anyone else I can contact?
gareth-eldrett-cfa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jusacruzah June 1st 2010, 1:06 am

I've been awaiting his return for MONTHS! Like I said earlier... Good luck!
Jusacruzah

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 June 1st 2010, 5:58 am

Jusacruzah, please be aware that Typlo has soo many things to do Wink
He's been visiting yes, but no, he doesn't reply to all him PM's.
Also, he has set his account to hidden Wink

Gareth, unfortunately no, there is no-one else you can contact TT .

Just keep sending Typlo PM's with an explicit title, such as Founder absent, need a new admin Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum