The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using work e-mails to sign up for a forum

2 posters

Go down

Using work e-mails to sign up for a forum Empty Using work e-mails to sign up for a forum

Post by RossW Tue 29 Aug 2006, 00:01

Good evening,

Is is at all possible to allow people to sign up for a board I have created using their work e-mail address rather than a web-based e-mail account such as gmail, hotmail or yahoo? All the e-mail addresses end in..

@moray-edunet.gov.uk

I have created a forum to support the development of coaching in schools in Moray (which is in Scotland). I am a teacher and I am involved in a project that would greatly benefit from a forum on which to discuss our ideas, progress etc.

It would be really helpful to my colleagues to be able to use their work email address when registering with my forum and to be able to use it to activate their accounts. Some of the people I require to sign up as members do not have personal e-mail address (like the ones mentioned above) as we cannot access web-based e-mail accounts in our schools due to restrictions on our network.

Any advice would be greatly recieved as I really like the forum I have created using your site and really want to present to my bosses at the end of the week!

Cheers,

Ross
RossW

Back to top Go down

Using work e-mails to sign up for a forum Empty Re: Using work e-mails to sign up for a forum

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2006, 10:48

Just tell them when they are registering for the forum, in the e-mail box tell them to enter the e-mail address that you specified

(the one that ends in @moray-edunet.gov.net)

Please reply telling me if that worked or if it didn't

Back to top Go down

Using work e-mails to sign up for a forum Empty Re: Using work e-mails to sign up for a forum

Post by RossW Tue 29 Aug 2006, 15:48

Thank for your reply! I am still experiencing the same problems. I tried to register one of my teaching friends with my forum today and when entering the their e-mail address (which ends in moray-edunet.gov.uk) it says...

"Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid."

I tried a few times and also with my personal email address (ross.watson2@moray-edunet.gov.uk) and it doesn't want to accept it.

Any further advice would be much appeciated!

Thanks,

Ross
RossW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2006, 16:21

try this link:

https://help.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=624

If this doesn't answer your question try posting/replying in the above topic and you'll get some better help then i gave you previously.

Hope it all goes well Wink

dragonman Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Gautamas Wed 30 Aug 2006, 08:40

Hello Smile

We are going to try a new script this morning to allowed more email adresses to be accepted. In fact the problem is that each email is tested on a mail server to check if it's really exists (in order to prevent a lot of spambots). So if the answer is negative, the email is considered as invalid, and it appears to be often the case with work email.

I hope the new script will solve this problem.
Let me know if it works well !
Gautamas
Gautamas
Forumember

Male Posts : 143
Language : french,english,dutch

http://help.editboard.com

Back to top Go down