The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage

+5
crysis992
some12
briegitte
TheListener
taroo2a
9 posters

Go down

How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage Empty How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage

Post by taroo2a June 20th 2010, 9:12 am

Title says it all, please help me out, also need to know how to make the "Portal" and "Home" in the Display/Headers and Navigations disappear, i went to user groups then special rights, but i dont see where i can make it disappear.

Thanks,
Taroo2a
taroo2a
taroo2a
Forumember

Male Posts : 166
Language : English, Arabic, J'apprends le Francais

Http://AlKhatib-QL.all-forum.net/

Back to top Go down

How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage Empty Re: How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage

Post by TheListener June 20th 2010, 9:37 am

Paste this on Ap -> Display -> Colors -> Css Stylesheet

Code:
a[href=/portal.htm].mainmenu{display:none !important}
a[href=/forum.htm].mainmenu{display:none !important}

Also remove its images on AP -> Display -> Pics Management -> Advanced.

Hope it helps!
TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage Empty Re: How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage

Post by taroo2a June 20th 2010, 9:39 am

Sorry sir but can you explain more to me? I'm not good at HTML
taroo2a
taroo2a
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener June 20th 2010, 9:44 am

This isn't HTML, it's CSS. To remove the Portal and Forum links, do this.

Go to Admin Panel
Display Tab
Colors
CSS Stylsheet
Copy and paste this there

Code:

Hit save.
TheListener
Forumember

Male Posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by taroo2a June 20th 2010, 10:01 am

I copy pasted that...
a[href=/forum.htm].mainmenu{display:none
!important}

It didn't work though.

How about the "Free Forums" at the bottom? I just want it to show the Phpbb copyrights and my site copyrights.
taroo2a
taroo2a
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by briegitte June 20th 2010, 10:22 am

TheListener wrote:This isn't HTML, it's CSS. To remove the Portal and Forum links, do this.

Go to Admin Panel
Display Tab
Colors
CSS Stylsheet
Copy and paste this there

Code:

Hit save.

Yep sir, I did it too... and it didnt worked! so...there is any other solution? and how about to this to disappear, from down page???

* Free forums | ©️ phpBB | Free forum support | Statistics | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forums
briegitte

Female Posts : 12
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by taroo2a June 20th 2010, 10:39 am

Seems like someone is having the same problem I am, you can't remove the phpBB Copyrights or your site will shutdown, thats why I want to remove the Free Forums and the rest.
taroo2a
taroo2a
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by briegitte June 20th 2010, 11:21 am

well... i think we must get used!

i have a question for you taroo2a... do u have any idea how to upload pictures in the gallery? there in the albums? i create albums... but i dont know how to put pictures in there... and i have searched in this site for an answer... maybe i didnt know where to search... can u help me pls?
briegitte

Female Posts : 12
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by some12 June 20th 2010, 1:22 pm

Have you set your permissions? if so click on the album you wish to upload to/
the upload button should be seen in upper left hand corner (view attached photo below)
next upload page will appear(see second attached photo below)How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage Screen1a

How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage Screen2a
some12
some12
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by taroo2a June 20th 2010, 7:32 pm

Uhm hello? Please make your own thread if you have any questions.
Thank You.
taroo2a
taroo2a
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by crysis992 June 21st 2010, 1:53 am

If i get it right now you want to delete this parts from the footer?

Free forums | ©️ phpBB | Free forum support | Statistics | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forums

is that right? If yes, do you know that your not allowed to edit ( delete ) something from the footer?
crysis992
Forumember

Language : German

Back to top Go down

Post by middo2 June 21st 2010, 2:26 am

I think it's against the TOS
middo2
middo2
Forumember

http://newhorizons.englishboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Maki1 June 21st 2010, 4:15 am

middo2 wrote:I think it's against the TOS

Yes it dose so don't remove the Copyrights information at the bottom of your forum cuz it will get your forum banned
Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 21st 2010, 5:03 am

You are not allowed to remove the footer.

To remove the free forum

Admin Panel // General // Search Engine

Go to Admin Panel // Modules // Portal Management // Activate Portal // No // Save

Admin Panel // Display // Pic Management // Advance Mode // look for Home // Remove URL // Save

There is no need to put codes in the CSS.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexx Lorenzoo June 21st 2010, 5:31 am

Excuse me MrMario but above where you say to remove the free forum that is not working for me. Could you go a little more in debth?
Alexx Lorenzoo
Forumember

Male Posts : 29

http://www.PrestigeModding.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 21st 2010, 5:36 am

Are you wanting to remove it from the footer or the browser? If its in the footer you can't remove it as editing the footer is not allowed.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexx Lorenzoo June 21st 2010, 5:45 am

What do you mean removing it from the Browser?
and I would pay a large amount of money to remove it from my footer.

How come ego-one there footer doesn't say free forum etc?

I would pay money to take the free forum off of the footer and then just put Powered by forumotion.com or something like that.

Anyway I can talk to anyone Staff about this?
Alexx Lorenzoo
Forumember

Male Posts : 29

http://www.PrestigeModding.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 21st 2010, 5:57 am

How do we remove the "Free Forums" and add Copyrights information at the bottom of my homepage Free_f10 Talking about this.

Paying for something here doesn't remove the footer.

Ego-One has all the required links. If you have a problem with it take it up with Typlo.

Sorry but the answer will be no even if you talk to another staff member.

Case is closed about touching the footer.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down