The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Can Change The IP location of my forum?

2 posters

Go down

How Can Change The IP location of my forum? Empty How Can Change The IP location of my forum?

Post by Guest June 28th 2010, 05:37

I have detected a security breech.. People are able to track your IP on your forum if you are the founder the can see the location of where you live.. How can I switch this??? This is seriously important and I need information ASAP.

Back to top Go down

How Can Change The IP location of my forum? Empty Re: How Can Change The IP location of my forum?

Post by Darren1 June 28th 2010, 09:47

Hello,

I'm sorry but this isn't possible.

I can guarantee you that your forum is 100% safe.
ForuMotion's forums & servers are located in France.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How Can Change The IP location of my forum? Empty Re: How Can Change The IP location of my forum?

Post by Guest July 1st 2010, 19:48

Darren1 wrote:Hello,

I'm sorry but this isn't possible.

I can guarantee you that your forum is 100% safe.
ForuMotion's forums & servers are located in France.

Not entirely Darren1. Go to http://geotool.flagfox.net/ and type in the website you are looking up.. example: forumotion.com and you will see that its being hosted somewhere in dallas. Nothing about France appears. This is a serious problem because people can look up your site and see where you live. I have wrote Typlo a message about this for almost a week ago already and I still have no reply on this issue. This is a seriously violation of privacy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Marc July 1st 2010, 19:59

The first thing that I want you to do is to check the IP of your forum and check yours and see if there is a match, Wink

Secondly, you can't change the IP of your forum.

You'll need to switch hosts ( forumotion hosts your forum ) to have a different IP address.

Also, one more thing. Any website that you visit, it is possible for webmasters to track where you live, huhohi ( use a proxy if you want to hide )
Master Marc
Master Marc
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3661
Language : English and Spanish.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 1st 2010, 20:17

Master Marc wrote:The first thing that I want you to do is to check the IP of your forum and check yours and see if there is a match, Wink

Secondly, you can't change the IP of your forum.

You'll need to switch hosts ( forumotion hosts your forum ) to have a different IP address.

Also, one more thing. Any website that you visit, it is possible for webmasters to track where you live, huhohi ( use a proxy if you want to hide )
The first thing: I have looked it up an apparently now my site appears in dallas as well. I can assure you, I looked up my site before and it showed the street I live on. Even some guy joining the site from another country was able to tell me that he can see it as well.

Secondly: Okay, now I guess that answers my question. thumleft

Third: I'm very much aware that we all carry an IP like a fingerprint or footprint leaving traces everywhere we go unless covered by a proxy. However My problem was people seeing where I live by looking up my site; Which is altogether a separate matter. Thanks anyways. thumright

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 July 2nd 2010, 08:22

Hello,

I can assure you, ForuMotion is hosted on French Servers, in Nice, in France Wink

Glad to hear this solved Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum