The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can a Forum (within Category) act as a Link to elsewhere?

Go down

Can a Forum (within Category) act as a Link to elsewhere? Empty Can a Forum (within Category) act as a Link to elsewhere?

Post by clanserv June 29th 2010, 1:15 pm

I was just wondering that if it was possible to have a forum within a category that acted as a link to somewhere else?

If so how do you do that. I have done this elsewhere before but not on forumotion.

Thanks.
clanserv
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can a Forum (within Category) act as a Link to elsewhere? Empty Re: Can a Forum (within Category) act as a Link to elsewhere?

Post by Guest June 29th 2010, 1:23 pm

you can create a forum from the ACP and in the name field type this (   )

and in the (Description : ) there you write the link : e.g <a href="http://www.google.com>Google</a>

then it will only shown as a link Smile.

hope this help.

Back to top Go down

Can a Forum (within Category) act as a Link to elsewhere? Empty Re: Can a Forum (within Category) act as a Link to elsewhere?

Post by clanserv June 29th 2010, 1:27 pm

Thanks, will give that a try. Very Happy
clanserv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by clanserv June 29th 2010, 1:32 pm

Hi, i put what you said in the Name field however it turns the field blank therefore nothing to click on.

Check this link out to see what i mean (Under Feedback and Suggestions) http://clanserv.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Smile
clanserv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2010, 1:38 pm

hello, yes i know it will be blank therefor i said to you to put the link in the Description, use this code. <a href="LINK HERE">NAME HERE</a>

Back to top Go down

Post by clanserv June 29th 2010, 1:45 pm

Ok, sorry about that.
clanserv
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2010, 1:45 pm

Np. Smile. just take your time Smile

Back to top Go down