The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Private/Hidden forum option

3 posters

Go down

Private/Hidden forum option Empty Private/Hidden forum option

Post by bonesjackson July 10th 2010, 5:46 am

Hi--I had a few questions. First, is it possible to make a forum totally private/hidden (that is to say, only invited members/people who know a password can see whats posted there)? How can I do that (I can't find it anywhere in the admin panel)?

secondly, and this is just to be clear (because I see talk of "credits" everywhere), forums can be absolutely free, and will stay up indefinitely? i used to have a spot on ning, but then they surprised me by requiring a monthly fee to keep the forum. that's not going to happen here, is it? bwi
bonesjackson

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Private/Hidden forum option Empty Re: Private/Hidden forum option

Post by KingOfSports July 10th 2010, 7:55 pm

There is a way to make a password protected forum. It isn't official though and you will need a minimum/decent understanding of HTML and javascript.

Forums here are always free. There are options you can pay for, but you never have to pay anything. However, your forum can be taken down if it is inactive (no posts in 6 months I think) or if you forum breaks the ToS.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Private/Hidden forum option Empty Re: Private/Hidden forum option

Post by Meamme0 July 13th 2010, 4:32 pm

bonesjackson wrote:Hi--I had a few questions. First, is it possible to make a forum totally private/hidden (that is to say, only invited members/people who know a password can see whats posted there)? How can I do that (I can't find it anywhere in the admin panel)?

This is easy to fix. I don't know how to password a forum, but to make a private board only visible to those invited, make a group, and put the people in you want to have access to the board. Make it hidden ( not necessary). Then make a forum, and put permissions for view and read to the group only. Should work.
Meamme0

Male Posts : 14
Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down