The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone wants to hack my site.

+3
AlphaPkz
Sanket
Burhan Mysterio
7 posters

Go down

Someone wants to hack my site. Empty Someone wants to hack my site.

Post by Burhan Mysterio July 12th 2010, 8:54 pm

I really didnt know where to post this. I hope you wont consider this as a spam. But theres a guy hacking everyday one of the forummotions sites. Well I think its time to stop him. He said my site is next, and Admins of this please try to stop him someway,or tell me how I can protect my forum. Please I need this help.
I mean how shall I live without my site? Sad
THX U VERY MUCH.
Please answer as soon as possible,cuz it could be too late. Sad ):

Last edited by Burhan Mysterio on July 12th 2010, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Burhan Mysterio

Language : german,english and turkish

Back to top Go down

Someone wants to hack my site. Empty Re: Someone wants to hack my site.

Post by Sanket July 12th 2010, 8:57 pm

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem

Why do we ask you to use explicit titles
Code:
The forum's search engine bases its research on keywords found in [b]topic titles[/b].

When you do a research, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?

Certainly not!  So this is why it is important to use titles [b]related to your problem/question[/b].  Doing this makes the researches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cordially
Forumotion Staff
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Burhan Mysterio July 12th 2010, 9:11 pm

Ok I changed it,but please someone help me,i have no time to waste.... Sad
Burhan Mysterio

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaPkz July 12th 2010, 9:19 pm

How is he hacking forums?

Example of what he's doing?
AlphaPkz
AlphaPkz
Forumember

Male Posts : 251
Language : English | Cantonese | Mandarin

Back to top Go down

Post by Burhan Mysterio July 12th 2010, 9:24 pm

he says:
apparently he has a pass that works on all of forums. He just logs in with an admins account and deletes everything ... like crazy ... -.-
Burhan Mysterio

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark_Armed_Dragon July 12th 2010, 9:36 pm

I don't really think thats possible but I have suspicion that it's key logging.

My account has never been hacked but other admins did.
But he hacked an mod account and some how he could screwed everything! admins couldn't see admin panel and it was total madness

I think forumotion has to do something to stop this madness there are lot of Yu-Gi-Oh forums that have been suffering from this
Dark_Armed_Dragon
Forumember

Language : English,Arabic,Dutch,Armenaian

http://www.dadacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Burhan Mysterio July 12th 2010, 9:41 pm

Yeah,as Dark Armed Dragon just said (the main owner of the forum i am talking about) like 5 Yu-Gi-Oh forums already have been hacked.
So someone really needs to stop this. Who knows which site he is going to hack next.So please any Admin stop that guy. btw he calls himself the god of Forumotion. If any of u admins wants to contact him,please post here and ill pm u.... and stop this guy,so we can finally call him noob of Forummotion -.- -_- -_-.
Burhan Mysterio

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessTyper July 12th 2010, 9:59 pm

Burhan Mysterio wrote:he says:
apparently he has a pass that works on all of forums. He just logs in with an admins account and deletes everything ... like crazy ... -.-

If so why does he not just come here and hack this site and he could get to any ones? Hmmm
PrincessTyper
PrincessTyper
Forumember

Female Posts : 234
Language : english

http://gamercapx.4umer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Burhan Mysterio July 12th 2010, 10:37 pm

BellaXRose wrote:
Burhan Mysterio wrote:he says:

If so why does he not just come here and hack this site and he could get to any ones? Hmmm

dude pls stop asking questions,i mean all of u,i need help -.-. asap cause it could be too late...
Burhan Mysterio

Back to top Go down

Post by LOLiRegistered July 12th 2010, 10:49 pm

well if you are using phpBB2 or punbb, its possible since theyre outdated

i use invision

its practically impossible for him to hack it, unless he knows your password by sending you a keylogger or anything
use an antivirus software to check
stop giving in; he's just trying to scare u
those yugioh forum owners are probably just idiots who downloaded viruses
LOLiRegistered
LOLiRegistered

Language : Korean

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk July 13th 2010, 5:24 am

it has nothing to do with what version you are using.
And over 90% of the time someones forumotion forum is hacked it due to irresponsible admins, forums creators or other staff that have access to pass words the should not.

you have to have complicated pass words. you can not ever give your pass to anyone. if your forum is realy being hacked. it's possible they are getting the information from hacking into your email accounts.. never leave pass words in your email accounts. always deleted the messages and post all account information in a note pad.

Honestly i do not know if your forum is being hacked or not.
the fist thing i would do is close the forum,move the address and change your password .

Now go through all the security logs and see if you see anything out of the ordinary.

And ask you self if other admins or moderators you have are trust worthy.

Nothing is ever impossible to hack.. if government computers,banks etc.... can be hacked then anything can and nothing is ever 100% secure.

But for as long as i have had forumotion forums. and have been doing support. i have never had one of my forums hacked. and once again over 90% of the time a forumotion is hacked it because the owner or other admin staff are irresponsible and giving pass words out to people that should never have them.

never give you pass words to anyone for anything period.

So please do what i said wile the forum is still there and you still have access.. take all other admins out for now, move your site link, close the forum and change you pass word to something complicated but something you will remember.

after that go back to the link you had and re-open the forum.. and just tell your staff until you get things figured out some of there permissions will be suspended until you work out the problems and or mole.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down