The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BLACK LISTED IP urgent help required

+6
MrMario
Adam360
AlphaPkz
adalwolf
Sanket
ken
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BLACK LISTED IP urgent help required - Page 2 Empty BLACK LISTED IP urgent help required

Post by ken July 20th 2010, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

i have a big problem with my board, i have had the board 30 months and no major problems but this one is major and needs attention by a admin please, my original problem is described in this post but i had no response
https://help.forumotion.com/administration-panel-credits-and-domain-names-problems-f44/login-out-problem-t74294.htm

however after looking more closely at the problem i found when i login to my board my ip is not my usual ip? so to test this i logged into 2 other boards i have set up (1 for family and 1 i use to test stuff) the result being is when i log in i have my usual ip Shocked so i logged back into my main site and the same odd ip Shocked i googled the ip and it says this ip is blacklisted! i am very confused with this and need some support with the problem asap? please

Last edited by ken on July 20th 2010, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ken
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

BLACK LISTED IP urgent help required - Page 2 Empty Re: BLACK LISTED IP urgent help required

Post by ken July 29th 2010, 9:55 pm

this is a forumotion based problem. not my isp or google,
i can have 10 users all showing the same ip so its not my isp, as for restoring the forum this is not realy a option, i spend a lot of money and time traveling around the country for content for my site so i am not prepared to just delete it after all there is no gurantee it will solve the problem!! also if you read some other members posts you will see there is lots of forums with similiar problem being reported, i would like typlo have a look at this urgently. thankyou
ken
Forumember

Back to top Go down

BLACK LISTED IP urgent help required - Page 2 Empty Re: BLACK LISTED IP urgent help required

Post by ken July 30th 2010, 6:35 pm

i think its about time i received a professional response! or is this normal for forumotion support?
ken
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario July 30th 2010, 6:41 pm

ken sorry for no support but this isn't something we would know. This is a community support forum there is no one that gets paid besides Typlo and he wouldn't know either. I would think you are running a proxy or you need to get contact with Tech Support. We can't help people with IP's as its not are job here.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam360 July 31st 2010, 1:22 am

Ok, i have just got the same thing, but it does not make any difference to your activity on your forums, so there honestly is nothing to be worried about.

I can provide pictures if needed =]
Adam360
Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866
Language : English

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend July 31st 2010, 2:39 am

This is a complex problem but I understood it right off the bat - You show up as someone else's IP.

You keep having to log in again.

The IP you are listed under is 'blacklisted.'

I would like to help with this problem, sounds like my sort of thing. *Cracks Knuckles* Gimme a day. I'll have something by then.

Edit: If this is true, that was easy.
You are probably using VM. (Pm me if you don't know)
VM have 'transparent IP's at the moment- Many members are reporting problems logging into dynamic websites.
The IP is blacklisted because it has tried to: Proxy Attempt, Proxy Search, Bug Search, hack attempt, spam request etc.

Apparently this IP has also been used to generate usernames and passwords of people on computers. There's a site listing a bunch of them. It's a phishing Proxy IP thing.
So I think this IP has found its way into your site, computer, account.

Use a different computer, tell me if you get these logging off issues.
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ken July 31st 2010, 1:17 pm

lost legend Smile you are exactly that and spot on ! yes i am with vm and everything you say is correct, Very Happy i cant beleive it someone who gets it Shocked thanks i hope you can help me sort this out!

and mr mario i do not use proxies and adam 360 it causes havoc with your forum it may be acceptable to you but not to me, its that bad i have to login to the image server to host an image its just a total joke! thanks again lost legend i look forward to your reply
ken
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam360 July 31st 2010, 1:24 pm

Oh, maybe i have this to come then? because its only just started =[
Adam360
Adam360
Forumember

Male Posts : 866

http://GameBase.betaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend July 31st 2010, 7:45 pm

Look at all the malware warnings popping up in this forum section. I bet you all users are VM.
The solution: Log out of your forum from everywhere you can, perform a quick virus check on your computer, clear all your cookies and change your service provider. (if all else fails)
VM most likely put a small virus in the site to spread the IP - quickly check on a friends comp that doesn't use VM and log into your account from there. If your IP shows as normal (on the friends comp) you are fine. However, if it still shows the VM IP, you will have to take this issue to VM themselves. Report the issue to google too.

I do not have this issue, I am under VM. When you have performed the above steps, send me a pm or post back here.
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2