The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

questions about creating forum

3 posters

Go down

Solved questions about creating forum

Post by Haz August 4th 2010, 9:39 pm

Sorry just joined yesterday and need a helping hand again please just a few questions I have.

Im going to make an advertise forum I have most links like scrolling ads, table ads, and I think side bars? Can anyone help me on other things I can do?
How to put multiple banner ads on top and bottom of the forum? I read it requires phbb and phbb2 to have templates edited.
Which structure setting is best? I know there are different styles to this but really I just want a setting where I can have for example

Sub heading - Food ---> Which style is best for this and some just have one subject showing and its kind of confusing.
Chips
Beans
Fish
Sub Heading - Bedroom
Games
Computer

Abit long but I need to work fast to get something going lol
Many thanks!
Haz

Last edited by Haz on August 4th 2010, 9:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Haz
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: questions about creating forum

Post by Sanket August 4th 2010, 9:41 pm

Hi, your title not being specific and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title to a more specific one, related to your problem

Why do we ask you to use explicit titles
Code:
The forum's search engine bases its research on keywords found in [b]topic titles[/b].

When you do a research, do you use "help", "urgent", "problem", "SOS" or "question" as keywords to look for topics about your problem/question?

Certainly not!  So this is why it is important to use titles [b]related to your problem/question[/b].  Doing this makes the researches much easier for visitors who use the search engine to get an answer to their question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cordially
Forumotion Staff
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Haz August 4th 2010, 9:53 pm

Sorry Smile Can you help me to add multiple banners and the other example please to the forum I wish to create.
Haz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk August 5th 2010, 2:04 am

I sagest you get all the basic stuff set up first. then come back and ask one question at a time on it's appropriate board. i mean what your asking will take for ever to explain plus there are more then one way of doing things and you are not even providing much details or link of what you want done. sure you are saying what you want.. be we do not have much to go on by you just asking. you have to explain in as much detail as posibil

So since your new to creating forums you should start with all the basics and work your way up.. i mean i have been creating sites for years.. and there's no way i can just explain on how everthing is done in a nut shell/one sitting... lol there are many ways to do many things.

check out the FAQ and tips and tricks to start with as well.
then when you get a good foundation going come back and ask a few things and be as detailed as posibil, also providing your link or any screen shots would be very helpful to.

So we are here to help but you have to break things down and take it little by little we just cant explain how to do a zillion things in one thread.... lol

Oh like sanket has said.
you have to change your topic title to a more explicit and detailed title pertaining to your problem.
Until you change your title i nor any other staff or member will can help until your title is change.Please be sure to read all forums rules.
Thank you
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Haz August 5th 2010, 11:22 am

Thanks very much Kirk you are totally right sorry for the pain :/ I never done html forum like this before but from what I have seen the things you can do its a excellent service you are helping people to do a forum such as create as this one!
Haz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket August 5th 2010, 1:35 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
questions about creating forum  2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum