The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....

3 posters

Go down

Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....  Empty Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....

Post by princessoctober103 August 11th 2010, 10:19 pm

Hello!

I have a question as I am a bit confused on something.

I have some new threads on my portal. All threads on that portal are sticky. I **thought** that when a thread is sticky, when a members posts in it, it does not move locations (become bumped) and stayed in the order it was created? Am I wrong or is there an issue with my portal?

I have everything stick on it so it stays in order from the date it was originally posted but when someone posts in an older thread, it bumps it over the new 'News'.... Is there a way to stop this other than locking it from all comments? I want members to be able to post comments in these threads but do not want the threads bumped....

I hope I explained this well.

TIA,
Princess
princessoctober103
Forumember

Female Posts : 36
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....  Empty Re: Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....

Post by princessoctober103 August 13th 2010, 1:42 pm

Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....  80262
Bumpity Bump!
princessoctober103
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....  Empty Re: Potral Sticky Threads being bumped....

Post by MrMario August 13th 2010, 11:40 pm

You can't stop the topics for moving. Topic that are posted in and are old will not bump on the portal.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by princessoctober103 August 16th 2010, 11:08 pm

I thought that sticky topics didn't move? Every topic on the front page of my forum is sticky so it stays in order of date created. When someone posts in older threads, they are moved above the new ones...

Is there a way to stop the older ones from being bumped to the top when posted in? I thought making them sticky was the trick....

TIA
princessoctober103
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DarMonkey August 17th 2010, 1:04 am

No... no... you cannot control the moving of threads in the portal....

The use of that widget is for your members to see whats new post you have made in your forum
DarMonkey
Forumember

Male Posts : 114
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum