The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permission Options for announcement display

3 posters

Go down

Do you agree with a permission option for announcements?

Permission Options for announcement display Left11100%Permission Options for announcement display Right11 100% 
[ 5 ]
Permission Options for announcement display Left110%Permission Options for announcement display Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Permission Options for announcement display Empty Permission Options for announcement display

Post by Guest August 13th 2010, 9:42 am

Since forumotion doesnt have an option for the chatbox to appear on every page, i was forced to make it into an iFrame code and set the code as an announcement so that it displays on every page. However, the problem with this is that it even displays for guest, but as a big black box with a message saying "You must be connected to use the ChatBox."

I have figured out a way to solve this problem; add a permission option for announcements. With this feature, all I have to do is set the permissions to members only and not allow guest to view it. This can also be useful to only allow certain groups to view the chatbox, like if you wanted people to have at least 10 post in order to view the chatbox, etc..

Please vote and tell me what you think of this

Back to top Go down

Permission Options for announcement display Empty Re: Permission Options for announcement display

Post by Saxaca August 13th 2010, 8:08 pm

Probably good Very Happy
Saxaca
Saxaca
Forumember

Male Posts : 539
Language : Markup.

Back to top Go down

Permission Options for announcement display Empty Re: Permission Options for announcement display

Post by Guest August 14th 2010, 12:05 am

Only people who actively use the chatbox would probably understand what is being suggested, i hope people understand this and vote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 15th 2010, 8:03 am

bump.

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 August 15th 2010, 8:25 am

I'm voting yes, not because of your exact reason, but the reason pertained within your suggestion Permission Options for announcement display Icon_mrgreen
But nice idea Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 15th 2010, 8:59 am

I voted yes Wink Is a good idea Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 15th 2010, 5:22 pm

thanks! keep the votes coming!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 10th 2010, 3:01 am

bump..

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 2nd 2014, 2:34 pm

Suggestion for your forum section clean up! (2/1/2014)

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down