MOD's

Go down

MOD's

Post by dfd on November 22nd 2005, 9:25 pm

Hi all Smile

First I would like to say thank you for this cute and wonderful board,
My request is can I know what are the MOD's installed in this board either for the members or the administration panel.

Thank you

dfd

Back to top Go down

Re: MOD's

Post by Cornelia on November 22nd 2005, 11:24 pm

Hello and welcome to Editboard!

Even if this English board is recent, the service and the French board are online since May 2nd 2004. In the beginning, Editboard (original name : Forumactif) wasn't much different from classical Phpbb boards when it comes to functions available in the Admin panel

Since my registration on the French support forum (14 months ago), many new functions were added. All the MODs available are in your Admin panel.

- Personalized portal
- Possibility to modify the header
- Possibility to have sub-forums and sub-categories, like in the IPB boards (the current system). Before, the system was like the default system of classical PhpBB boards.
- Topic icons (the little smileys beside topic titles) For an example : http://forum.forumactif.com (it's the French support forum)
- Security section in the Admin panel
- Possibility to modify the URL address of the forum without having to ask the Editboard webmaster.
- Possibility to merge topics
- Possibility to do a restauration of the forum with the utilisies when a problem occurs.
- Possibility to move, modify or remove default smileys.

All those functions I listed weren't there when I discovered Editboard. As you see, Editboard has evolved much since its birth.

It takes some time for the Editboard webmasters to install a new function, because Editboard's Phpbb's base is much modified, so they must adapt every MOD they want to install, so after the adaptation, a test period is necessary to repair bugs before the final installation. For the portal, it took 2 months of tests before the final version is installed.
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum