The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration

4 posters

Go down

Do you like the idea?

Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration Left1180%Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration Right11 80% 
[ 4 ]
Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration Left1120%Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration Right11 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration Empty Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration

Post by invisible_fa September 2nd 2010, 3:36 pm

Hello.

Today Im going to suggest adding a new feature wich is already possible in pures PhpBB, and I think it would be nice adding it to Forumotion too.

Is about showing important post into the User Account Configuration.

You will undestand it better with an screencapture:

Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration 2uzcp52

I have taken that screenshot from a pure PHPBB forum, so you will can undestand what I`m suggesting.

By default, when a Global Announcement is created, it is shown into the Overview tab in the account configuration of all users (only global announcements), besides of the rest of the statistics and so.

But I suggest that the Admin could decide wich posts are shown in the profile options, and wich not.

Just adding a checkbox in the options that we have when we create a new post (where we mark the type of post, Global Announcement, Sticky...)

Well, so it would be a checkbox, saying something like:

"Showing this post into users configuration page?"

If you tick the checkbox, this post will be shown in all users configuration pages, and, if not, it won´t show.

Hope you undestand me, if not, just ask Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 960
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration Empty Re: Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration

Post by KingOfSports September 2nd 2010, 4:47 pm

I don't get what we would use this for...
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration Empty Re: Show important posts in the User`s Account Configuration

Post by invisible_fa September 2nd 2010, 4:59 pm

The use of this would be that all users would notice when Admin publish important post or something into a particular forum, because, maybe the user didn´t notice, so, when he/she is going into his/her own profile, the user will see it and read it...

Don´t know if you have used a pure PHPBB before, but I recommend you do that, to see better what I meaning Very Happy
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Behaviour??? September 2nd 2010, 5:50 pm

Voted Yes!
Behaviour???
Forumember

Language : English

http://dungeons.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 9th 2010, 12:07 am

UP
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 14th 2010, 4:31 pm

UP ^^
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 2nd 2014, 4:33 pm

Suggestion for your forum section clean up! (2/1/2014)

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down