The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant see the "new topic" and "post comment" buttons

4 posters

Go down

Cant see the "new topic" and "post comment" buttons Empty Cant see the "new topic" and "post comment" buttons

Post by hapaamon Tue 07 Sep 2010, 09:42

a user that is a member of my forum can see the buttons on the forum at home but cannot see the buttons but from work, they are simply not there.
what could be the problem?
hapaamon

Language : Hebrew

Back to top Go down

Cant see the "new topic" and "post comment" buttons Empty Re: Cant see the "new topic" and "post comment" buttons

Post by *Captain* Tue 07 Sep 2010, 09:47

The Permission Of This Forum is Closed for The common members.

Check Them;

Admin CP => General Tab => Catogeries & Forum => Select Forum Permission In Which U Want To Change.
*Captain*
*Captain*

Male Posts : 24
Language : Urdu

Back to top Go down

Cant see the "new topic" and "post comment" buttons Empty Re: Cant see the "new topic" and "post comment" buttons

Post by hapaamon Tue 07 Sep 2010, 12:01

This wasn't the solution to the problem.
first, the problem happens only on her computer, I can see the buttons when I am logging in with her user and Pass on my computer.
second, I changed the permissions to see the effect but when I remove the permission the buttons are still there and I only get an error message that I do not have permissions to add topic\ post response...
I do think that this is got something to do with the explorer...
any other ideas?
hapaamon

Back to top Go down

Post by *Captain* Tue 07 Sep 2010, 12:04

Which Browser Is Your Member using????
*Captain*
*Captain*

Male Posts : 24
Language : Urdu

Back to top Go down

Post by hapaamon Tue 07 Sep 2010, 12:33

she is using IE 6 so I asked her to try to upgrade or to use Firefox.
she did, and still have the same problem.

I checked the JAVA version on my computer compering to hers and found that I have 1.6.0_21 and she has 1.6.0_15
Could this be the problem?
hapaamon

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Tue 07 Sep 2010, 14:34

Ask her to upgrade everything. I know his her computer because its only happening to one unless you have more reports from users.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Tue 07 Sep 2010, 20:57

i think even if she was to update to firefox's she is still going to have to update her IE to. because i was have some strange problems with things appearing on one of my websites.but then as soon i as i went from IE7 seven to IE8 Then it worked on both browsers.

So i would recommend asking her to update to IE8 then after that she can update her FireFox as well.

it's a lil hard to explain but technically firefox was built off of IE/Microsoft..

browsers are a pain.. i am up to 5 now... lol
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down