The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSS for fixed width and background image

Go down

CSS for fixed width and background image Empty CSS for fixed width and background image

Post by TerryAhn September 18th 2010, 8:09 am

Hey guys, I need some help with CSS, as I'm not very familiar with CSS language.

First off, this is my forum

www.lolaustralia.com

and here is the CSS for it.

Spoiler:

Unfortunately my background and forum is not a fixed width so people with high resolution monitors would see that the background (the purple building image) is fixed to top left and does not stretch. How would I make it so its fixed to the center and stretches for people with higher monitors?

Also, the more important issue is I would like a fixed width for my forum part, because sometimes it stretches horizontally when a large image is posted.

If possible, can someone put in the css code thats needed for both into my current CSS and post it so I can copy and paste? I am even unsure of where to put the codes in the css.

Last edited by TerryAhn on September 21st 2010, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerryAhn
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

CSS for fixed width and background image Empty Re: CSS for fixed width and background image

Post by TerryAhn September 18th 2010, 5:02 pm

Noone knows how?
TerryAhn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

CSS for fixed width and background image Empty Re: CSS for fixed width and background image

Post by TerryAhn September 21st 2010, 5:11 pm

Bump, a prime example for my forum width problem would be when you go to the FAQ and click one of the questions that has a long answer, the width would increase to match that answer. I would like it so it doesnt move and its a fixed width.
TerryAhn
Forumember

Back to top Go down