The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allowing users to choose which color...

+8
Stephen-
FrozenX
KingOfSports
Emma8432
Wellbe6
invisible_fa
Sanket
Z-man
12 posters

Go down

my answer is

Allowing users to choose which color... Left1118%Allowing users to choose which color... Right11 18% 
[ 3 ]
Allowing users to choose which color... Left1171%Allowing users to choose which color... Right11 71% 
[ 12 ]
Allowing users to choose which color... Left1111%Allowing users to choose which color... Right11 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Allowing users to choose which color... Empty Allowing users to choose which color...

Post by Z-man September 19th 2010, 12:41 am

Hey, I think it would be a good idea for users to be able to choose what color their name appears in, even when they are registed in multiple color coded groups. For example, currently, if a user is in 2 groups, lets call these 2 groups Group A (red) and Group Z (green), since Group A appears first in the usergroup line up, the member's name will appear in red text. The only way this member would be able to change their color to the desired color (green) would be to leave group A, or if an Admin changed the order of the group line up. This presents problems and limits the customization of profiles, as Ive recieved some complaints about this sort of thing. So, if Forumotion could change this system so a member could freely choose what group color is reperesnted in thier name color, it would be greatly appretiated. Thank you. Smile

Last edited by Z-man on September 19th 2010, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z-man
Z-man

Male Posts : 15
Language : english

http://eptcnextgen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Allowing users to choose which color... Empty Re: Allowing users to choose which color...

Post by Sanket September 19th 2010, 9:11 am

You need to add a poll.

I would have voted No for this.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Allowing users to choose which color... Empty Re: Allowing users to choose which color...

Post by Guest September 19th 2010, 5:42 pm

My vote is NO ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man September 19th 2010, 7:46 pm

Sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 19th 2010, 8:12 pm

Different colors for different users, sounds a bit noobish to be honest.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man September 19th 2010, 9:30 pm

I dont understand what you mean scratch this site has users in different colors does it not?
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket September 20th 2010, 6:46 am

Yes so those are under groups.
Users can't choose colors.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man September 20th 2010, 10:50 am

Ah I see. Well different forums are going to have different set-ups and unique needs, but ok, I was just throwing this idea out there.
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 20th 2010, 8:49 pm

Colors objetive is just for know which members belongs to wich groups, and they are decided by the Admin (or other person wich have acces to the ACP), so if each user could choose a color, it would be really confusing...

That`s the reason of my negative vote, sorry...
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 960
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 20th 2010, 9:11 pm

Z-man wrote:Sorry to hear that. May I ask why?
because :
invisible_fa wrote:.....so if each user could choose a color, it would be really confusing[...

This is reason of my negative vote Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wellbe6 September 20th 2010, 10:39 pm

NO!!!

My vote.
Wellbe6
Wellbe6
Forumember

Language : English (I do know some spanish)

http://fishhooksfanforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma8432 September 20th 2010, 11:12 pm

Not sure!
Emma8432
Emma8432
Forumember

Female Posts : 219
Language : Meep

http://warriorcatsworld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-man September 20th 2010, 11:59 pm

invisible_fa wrote:Colors objetive is just for know which members belongs to wich groups, and they are decided by the Admin (or other person wich have acces to the ACP), so if each user could choose a color, it would be really confusing...

That`s the reason of my negative vote, sorry...
Yea I know what you mean, sorta. The only reason I disagree is because members will be a different color regardless if they get to chose which, so I dont see how it would make things more confusing. Plus Ive got another system for distiguishing groups, besides colors, but... like I said earlier, I understand if people here dont support this idea. This forum is pretty massive so its groups need to be more precise.
Z-man
Z-man

Back to top Go down

Post by KingOfSports September 21st 2010, 12:01 am

My vote is no.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 28th 2011, 8:36 pm

I voted NO.

Back to top Go down

Post by FrozenX October 28th 2011, 8:40 pm

I'm not sure, if i want rainbow colours all over my forums ;P

'No' but i'll vote yes, because having different coloured forum member names, can work on some forums Razz but not on most.
FrozenX
FrozenX
Forumember

Male Posts : 69
Language : English, Dutch

http://www.lordslegends.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- October 29th 2011, 12:39 am

My vote is NO since there are some members know that when the username is colorize they think that it is a forum staff ... Wink
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by S(o)ciaL October 29th 2011, 12:42 am

Vote NO .
S(o)ciaL
S(o)ciaL
Forumember

Male Posts : 123
Language : Greek,English

Back to top Go down

Post by VoFlex February 11th 2012, 10:11 pm

Ok first there should at least be a button that allows people to change their colors like for example: Allow users to change color according to groups: Yes () No ()

also if your not an admin how can i tell whos in what group oh yea go to usergroups and seach for the name instead you should just have to go to their profile and see under their info
VoFlex
VoFlex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakeb February 11th 2012, 10:22 pm

I vote no.

I don't want users to get confused, if admin colours are red and a user chooses red they may pose as an admin and it may confuse a lot of people.
Jakeb
Jakeb
Forumember

Male Posts : 93

http://helpwithanything.your-talk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VoFlex February 11th 2012, 11:05 pm

ok you guys are wrong read more user just cant change the color to any color im saying that if a user is an "Artist" which is pink and a "mod" which is red. I am saying that the user should be able to switch to pink or red they have every right to what if i want to change my color to something different.
also i want to see what groups people are in when i view their profiles
VoFlex
VoFlex

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy November 3rd 2013, 11:30 am

Suggestion section clean up // Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum