The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal Latest Topics - Not Showing Time of Recent Posts

4 posters

Go down

Portal Latest Topics - Not Showing Time of Recent Posts Empty Portal Latest Topics - Not Showing Time of Recent Posts

Post by rivperformance September 21st 2010, 11:02 pm

Up until recently, the portal at my board showed the time of most recent post. Now it only shows the poster. Members of my board are complaining about this change. Can it be fixed? The whole point of Latest Topics is to show when they were posted.

Here is a similar topic that was "solved" and locked:

https://help.forumotion.com/manage-the-appearance-of-your-forum-f45/portal-view-changed-t78391.htm

I don't consider it SOLVED, so can we get a better answer, or switch back to the old style of viewing? Or, at least have a switchable option?

Thanks much,
rivperformance
rivperformance
rivperformance
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : English

http://www.rivperformance.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Portal Latest Topics - Not Showing Time of Recent Posts Empty Re: Portal Latest Topics - Not Showing Time of Recent Posts

Post by MrMario September 21st 2010, 11:09 pm

Nothing you can really do to change it. :/

Its solved for the user Wink

MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Portal Latest Topics - Not Showing Time of Recent Posts Empty Re: Portal Latest Topics - Not Showing Time of Recent Posts

Post by boffer10 September 21st 2010, 11:44 pm

Here we are again-poor communication. The techs are playing with stuff, and nobody from tech-ville will say a word. My scroller still doesn't work in IE, when it did yesterday, times/dates aren't showing up in the the recent topic lists, when they did yesterday....I have to answer to forum members....why shouldn't they?

I posted on that thread, but it was locked before I could say that it hadn't been fixed for me.

boffer10
Forumember

Male Posts : 311
Language : english

http://squarefoot.creatingforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario September 22nd 2010, 1:15 am

Sorry but there is no techs here so how could they tell you something when they aren't here?
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by JeffR September 22nd 2010, 5:37 am

The time is not showing on my "latest topics" either and a couple of members have asked why it is like this now. They really like the time being there. Although, when I went into the "Admin Panel" and turned on the scrolling feature, that the time is there.

So when the latest topic is "not scrolling" the time is not there and when the latest topic is "scrolling" then the time is there. I would like the time to be available too when it is not "scrolling".

But I have to say, I visit other forums that don''t use this "forumotion" and it seems they have a lot more problems than my site that uses "forumotion". So this one little thing is really nothing to complain about. I've been very happy with the people who run this. It makes is easy on people like me that aren't totally tech savvy. Not to get off topic but thought I would throw this in.

Thanks,

JeffR

www.silverwing600.com (my site with a custom domain name)
JeffR

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum