The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it)

Go down

good idea

sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it) Left110%sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it) Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it) Left110%sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it) Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Poll closed

sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it) Empty sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it)

Post by AussieJay October 21st 2007, 10:45 am

i visited the sliding message at top thread and have just placed a marquee on my homepage (aussiejay.homegoo.com) and i think it would be way better if members could control the speed of it and other options.

also, could the text be continuos, so you don't have to wait until it finishes for it to start up again?

thanks
~AJ
AussieJay
AussieJay
Forumember

Male Posts : 98
Language : English

View user profile http://tech.ipbfree.com

Back to top Go down

sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it) Empty Re: sliding message at top (NEW suggestion for it)

Post by Guest October 21st 2007, 12:18 pm

Again most of this is and can easily be done by a small piece of HTML:

<marquee scrollamount="5" scrolldelay="5" direction="left>THIS IS MARQUEE TEXT</marquee>

Change scrollamount and scrolldelay to the numbers that you want, change direction to either right or left and change the text to whatever you want.

Making text to be "continuous" is not possible and to make members choose what amount they want it as is quite hard to code unless you're good at JavaScript.

Regards,
Dragon Man

P.S. Locked....

Back to top Go down