The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hack threat

3 posters

Go down

Hack threat Empty Hack threat

Post by LeonhartLion October 22nd 2010, 4:19 am

I am one of three Admins to a site and have a threat situation

We have a member ((who USED to be the owner but handed the site over to another Admin)) who has now returned and threatened to hack the site if they don't have it handed back to them.

They were so bold as to post this threat openly. Yes, they are currently a "normal" member status and making such an open threat is grounds for banning.

My question is, should we as the staff report this member to forumotion? And if so, what all information would be required and who specifically to direct it to.

I simply want to cover all our bases to keep the site safe.

Thank you.
LeonhartLion
LeonhartLion

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Hack threat Empty Re: Hack threat

Post by pichoch October 22nd 2010, 5:15 am

make sure you change all the passwords and emails on the accounts, should be fine if you pick some hard passwords
pichoch
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by LeonhartLion October 22nd 2010, 5:48 am

Indeed that has been done, thank you for the advice.

This has been an ongoing problem now ((on and off)) for several months, yet the threats were made via PM's in the past or by e-mails.

Now that it's been made out in the open, obviously its gone too far and enough is enough. That's why I was inquiring if any further action should be taken since this time a hack threat was made publicly in a post.
LeonhartLion
LeonhartLion

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario October 22nd 2010, 5:54 am

This is why I hate these messages from people. People who say they are going to hack something don't. They are just pulling your leg and to scare you. Just make sure you have a good password and that your email isn't hotmail or yahoo. If something does happen come back here and we'll help you out. Here is a topic that will help you out => https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/my-forum-was-hacked-t75418.htm
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by LeonhartLion October 22nd 2010, 6:17 am

I wasn't aware of the hotmail or yahoo, so I will inform the site owner immediately.

Thank you very much for your assistance! Should we run into any problems, I shall inform you as you said, and thank you for the link as well.

Much appreciative,
LeonhartLion

LeonhartLion
LeonhartLion

Back to top Go down