The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it possible to change the founder?

4 posters

Go down

Is it possible to change the founder? Empty Is it possible to change the founder?

Post by Jrc Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:02 pm

I created our forum back in January 2009. However after going live I also created a user name for me. So now I have dual logins, one as Admin (original founder), and one as Jrc (profile i created after forum went live).

Reason I am asking is because with the new facebook connect, it logs me in as Admin and not Jrc. I have thought about deleting Jrc and then changing Admin to Jrc however all my posting ranks would then be deleted.

Thanks,
Jrc
Jrc

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to change the founder? Empty Re: Is it possible to change the founder?

Post by KingOfSports Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:19 pm

Click the ForuMotion Utilities link in my sig to change the founder.
KingOfSports
KingOfSports
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2487
Language :
Back to top Go down

Is it possible to change the founder? Empty Re: Is it possible to change the founder?

Post by Jrc Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:21 pm

I clicked on the link and logged in as the founder however I do not see an option to change the founder. I may be looking at it wrong. What section is it that I need to change? Sorry.

Thanks,
Jrc
Jrc

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrc Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:08 pm

I do apologize for posting again, but I clicked on the link and logged in as the founder. I do not see an option to "change the founder". This is what i get:

Edit creator's information - only gives me the option of changing the email address and password. (which i have done, however the forum is still showing as Admin being the founder and not Jrc)

Restore the forum such as it was previously - dont want to touch this

In case of error on megadynamis.forumotion.net / Direct connection to the Administration Panel - changed this from Admin to Jrc

Reset the ban - didnt touch this

Remove the security 'Disallow to send a new password to administrators and moderators' - didnt touch this

Remove HTML errors - didnt touch this

Is there something that I am missing?
Jrc

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:28 pm

well see basically you would be giving your founder account to the new person you want as the founder.
Once you do that, then you will no longer have your account or be the forums founder.

So you may want to pm typlo and ask him if there is another way.
But i do not know any other way then just handing your account over to who you want to be the new founder and take over the forum.

Be sure you really want to do this.. because one you hand the account over you will not be able to get it back unless the new founder was to give it back.

O then then that try typlo and ask if there is another way? i am not sure?

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrc Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:44 pm

kirk wrote:well see basically you would be giving your founder account to the new person you want as the founder.
Once you do that, then you will no longer have your account or be the forums founder.

So you may want to pm typlo and ask him if there is another way.
But i do not know any other way then just handing your account over to who you want to be the new founder and take over the forum.

Be sure you really want to do this.. because one you hand the account over you will not be able to get it back unless the new founder was to give it back.

O then then that try typlo and ask if there is another way? i am not sure?

Thanks Kirk. I am giving founder from me (Admin) to me (Jrc) so it's not an issue of security or someone else taking over the forum. I just want to get the founder settled because when I use facebook connect, it logs me on as Admin and not Jrc.
Jrc

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:18 pm

So your changing the founder to your self?
that makes no sense.. just change you user name.

if you are still going to be the founder then it will most likely do the same thing.. i dont understand what your trying to do? Sad but i dont think it's going to work?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jrc Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:01 pm

kirk wrote:So your changing the founder to your self?
that makes no sense.. just change you user name.

if you are still going to be the founder then it will most likely do the same thing.. i dont understand what your trying to do? Sad but i dont think it's going to work?

Ok let me try and explain this again.

1 - I created http://megadynamis.forumotion.net/ back in January 2009 and it auto assigned "Admin" as my log in and founder

2 - when forum went live i did not know (at the time) that i could just change my user name. Instead I created a 2nd user name "Jrc" and gave it admin privilages.

3 - I do not ever use the "Admin" logon and would like to change the founder to "Jrc" because all of my posts, rank, reputation, etc is all on "Jrc".

4 - Because of this, when I try to add facebook connect to my forum, it will log me in as "Admin" and not "Jrc".

So I would like to change the founder from "Admin" to "Jrc"

does this make sense at all?
Jrc

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:35 pm

What you are wanting to do is not possible. You would only be able to change the name of the account to the main account.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down