The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Techies Work In Progress Notice

+14
zinex
Skittles
kiwicopper
Paun
Har Dy
Luky
ELLA
Caihlem
punkfilter
AussieJay
rahul.never2far
Bad Wolf
Andre
Namjies
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you like to know what the Techies are working on?

Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Left1198%Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Right11 98% 
[ 59 ]
Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Left112%Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Right11 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 60

Poll closed

Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Empty Techies Work In Progress Notice

Post by Guest Sat 27 Oct - 17:19

First topic message reminder :

After reviewing most of the suggestions in the 'Suggestions for your forum' section, I think the number one thing members of Forumotion really want is to know what the Techies are working on. Alot of us members feel like we are spinning our wheels and getting nowhere.

It would be nice to see a locked topic on the main page listing what the techies are working on, and a few things on their upcoming list of things to do. The list in the Archives section seems extremely outdated, and most members don't think to look in an Archive for upcoming accepted suggestions. This will help in three ways..

1) Members will be more relaxed knowing that the techies are actually working on something.
2) Members will have something to look forward to.
3) The techies and mods won't feel like they are being bombarded with constant questions like, 'When is a techie going to come by?' and 'What are they working on?' and 'Are they actually doing anything about our suggestions?'

So I vote for a Work In Progress Section or Notice. Please? and Thank you. Smile

Please disregard the poll titled the same in the Support Suggestion Forum, as I posted it there first, and I think it may be the wrong forum. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Techies Work In Progress Notice

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug - 15:29

i have mixed feelings on this one.

the "yes" feeling: i would too like to know what the techs are working on

the "no" geeling: i think that if the techs posted about their developments it would get many members in a rage.

ex: Techs: we a currently working on a new admin panel update!
Members: NOT AGAIN! we want a banking system/advanced rpg module.

see what i mean?

for that reason i will not vote on this.

Back to top Go down

Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Empty Re: Techies Work In Progress Notice

Post by fireflare77 Sun 17 Aug - 21:47

Well, considering that there is only one vote no, and there were mixed feelings behind it... It's still almost a unanimus and overwhelmingly, overpowering, resounding, YES! 'Sides, some of the logic to the "no" vote...
fireflare77
fireflare77
Forumember

Male Posts : 161
Language : Cockne, English

http://www.blogzone3.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug - 21:49

fireflare77 wrote:Well, considering that there is only one vote no, and there were mixed feelings behind it... It's still almost a unanimus and overwhelmingly, overpowering, resounding, YES! 'Sides, some of the logic to the "no" vote...

i was not the one who voted no.

Back to top Go down

Post by fireflare77 Sun 17 Aug - 21:54

And I was questioning your logic and/or sanity. It's got some great applicatoins. This way, the techies might feel just a bit more motivated to have something to post somewhere saying that they've got some tangible... proof, at long last... On the other hand, you might have a point. But I honestly can't see very many people folowing the same train of thought.
fireflare77
fireflare77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug - 22:02

and anther thought... this might have an indirect effect with the rest of the forum, especially the support sections. the techs would post there and then a members problem would get moved to the tech section. that member might be like... "why are the techs posting there but not helping me in their section". i am pretty sure that even if this did get implemented they would still continue their famous non-post streak in every other forum than the tech notification forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by fireflare77 Sun 17 Aug - 22:04

Maybe I'm just a little slow right now, but I didn't really folow the first part of that post. Could you please explain?
fireflare77
fireflare77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug - 22:07

sure...

a member would post a very hard support question in the support forum and then a moderator would move it to the tech section in the support area. then a tech would come along and post an update in the area that you are trying to create. the member would think that the techs are neglecting them and ONLY posing in the future update section.

do you understand?

Back to top Go down

Post by fireflare77 Sun 17 Aug - 22:24

Ah. Well you could solve that my making two seperate forums. One for tech updates, and one for user problems. That way there are no conflicting interests, the same ammount of junk to keep up with, and it's more organized.
fireflare77
fireflare77
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug - 17:20

Wow! I started this thread awhile back, and honestly forgot about it because it hadn't received many posts.. just several votes.

I have to admit that the techies are busy with helping people and their forum problems, but updating a single post, that could be stuck as an 'announcement' or 'sticky' to the top of the tech forum maybe, wouldn't seem too much an issue. If a member feels neglected because a techie is letting ALL members know what is going on with 'updates', then, in my opinion, that member is the one that is neglecting the whole of forumotion, not the techie.

Admittedly, the new Admin panel updates have been fun, but they do nothing to improve the environment of the forum for the reason we all started forums... the members! It would be great if the techies would update something for them before working on yet another admin panel upgrade. Again, in my opinion, it is not due to the techies upsetting a minor few who don't read the whole of a forum when a techie posts an update for all that is the reason we have no 'Tech Update' thread, but that the members that have forums under forumotion will become upset because they will see the techs are working mainly on things we do not wish to see yet again, instead of those things the members of forumotion itself have requested. However, that is no reason to not let us know what is going on.

Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by endless013 Mon 18 Aug - 17:53

I can't vote yes or no on this one. On the one hand it would be good to know if theres something being worked on that will effect our forums and give us time to tell our members about it. On the other hand that could lead to a lot of "I don't want this (A) fixed I want this (B) Added/improved" as dragonfir731 had mentioned
endless013
endless013
Forumember

Male Posts : 450
Language : english

http://www.darkrealm13.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug - 18:00

Caihlem wrote:I think it would have fitted either section Smile

I also think his is a great idea, let's ope the techies accept it though
Instead of asking them isn't it about time forumotion told them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Sat 30 Mar - 11:49

Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Light-bulb-icon Suggestion Clean up

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestion which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Unclear Suggestions

Locked & Garbaged

Techies Work In Progress Notice - Page 2 Modera10Jophy
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2