The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expired domain

2 posters

Go down

Solved Expired domain

Post by Shibiusa 23/11/2010, 00:14

Good evening!
I'm having troubles with my domain. Today, without any warning, my domain disappeared and I truly got scared. The founder of the forum has been absent for a few months now. I'm just an admin and I don't have access to this section, otherwise I would have taken care of this subject earlier. We now have the credits we need to buy it again (I had to call the founder), but the domain ".com" (which was the one I had till today) can't be used. The forum is quite known and active in Portugal and this trouble will surely affect us negatively. Isn't it possible to get it back somehow? We are really needing to get it back as soon as possible. ^^"
I apologize for my english, but I haven't been using it for a few months and I'm a little rusty...

Last edited by Shibiusa on 27/11/2010, 01:13; edited 1 time in total
Shibiusa
Shibiusa
Forumember

Female Posts : 26
Language : English, Portuguese

http://www.narutoportugalrpg.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Expired domain

Post by MrMario 23/11/2010, 00:33

How long has the founder been gone? I'm sure the founder is the only person to ask Typlo about the domain issue. You can contact him and see what he says.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibiusa 23/11/2010, 00:46

The founder is in college (I'm in it too, but I can always get some free time) and stays absent for weeks in a row. He only appeared today because the other admin went talking to him, not knowing what to do. I don't mind talking with the founder again to take care of the issue. I will contact Typlo about this problem, thank you! May I just ask if it is possible to get the domain again?

EDIT: I forgot to say a few things... We bought the domain name 3 or 2 years ago (I'm not sure) and ever since then, Forumotion has been offering the renewal of the domain name thanks to its activity. I don't know if this may affect the process... We are willing to pay for the renewal, once we don't know if we got an offer again.
Shibiusa
Shibiusa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shibiusa 26/11/2010, 17:22

Since it has been more than 24 hours, I guess it's not double-post...

There's something wrong with the domain now. We had it back a few minutes ago, for about half an hour. And now it's gone again. I don't understand what's wrong... :S

EDIT: And now it's back again... The forum looks haunted... Shocked
Is there any explanation about this on-and-off domain? o.O
Shibiusa
Shibiusa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario 27/11/2010, 17:48

Solved => Locked