The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about submitting a theme to Hitskin

2 posters

Go down

Questions about submitting a theme to Hitskin Empty Questions about submitting a theme to Hitskin

Post by Diana December 6th 2010, 10:52 pm

1) Can I submit a skin based on some other hitskin skin where I've changed the images and colours? (I just don't know any other way to create a skin)

2) Do I have to make my own image for every image there is or can I leave some bits empty?

3) Is there a language limitation?

4) I want to make the multi theme thing on my forum and that's why I'm creating skins. I also want to add my own banner with my forum's name on it. I know it can be removed later on if someone decides to use the skin but is it really ok to submit something with my own forum's name on it?

5) Can I delete the forum after I've created the skin on it and will the skin still work after that? Or can I change the skin on the forum I made the skin on?

Last edited by rhe on December 6th 2010, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Questions about submitting a theme to Hitskin Empty Re: Questions about submitting a theme to Hitskin

Post by Guest December 6th 2010, 10:55 pm

Yah its okay (:

Back to top Go down

Questions about submitting a theme to Hitskin Empty Re: Questions about submitting a theme to Hitskin

Post by Diana December 6th 2010, 10:56 pm

Is that okay to everything?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 6th 2010, 10:57 pm

Yes (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana December 6th 2010, 11:33 pm

Okay. One more question - does it matter where the images are uploaded to?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 6th 2010, 11:37 pm

Nope (:
But if your host is good to be online all time and fast so its better for you Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana December 7th 2010, 3:02 am

Okay but what about the homepage - does it come with the skin or is it a function of its own and has to be made separatedly?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 7th 2010, 3:05 am

HTML homepage? (:

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana December 7th 2010, 3:10 am

Well yeah, the homepage you can make on forumotion.
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 7th 2010, 3:37 am

Nope. Hitskin will not copy it :-O)

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk December 7th 2010, 5:15 am

hitskin will copy the over all theme you create, it will not be added to a html page because html are custum.. but if you add you header and footer to the html page then it will add that, and if you were to add a custom nave bar with your own images then it would copy that too.

Other then that if you were to add your portal as a home page then it would add the skin you created.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana December 7th 2010, 5:56 pm

But what if I have a mixed nav bar? What if I have some custom buttons, some normal buttons - like they are in the nav bar and some buttons in the css? Will they all show?
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 7th 2010, 6:35 pm

hitskin will copy all the CSS but not the templates (:

Back to top Go down