The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unique password for the admin panel

+17
Lillia
darkstar1337
!_NICK_!
ToTheFuture
HeroUltraOmega
Harperboy326
gedel aray
Base
Hoops
I Mozilla I
Beno
harold
KingOfSports
Cody!
Caihlem
invisible_fa
mpelmmc
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you want this feature for your forum?

Unique password for the admin panel - Page 2 Left1167%Unique password for the admin panel - Page 2 Right11 67% 
[ 24 ]
Unique password for the admin panel - Page 2 Left1133%Unique password for the admin panel - Page 2 Right11 33% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

Unique password for the admin panel - Page 2 Empty Unique password for the admin panel

Post by mpelmmc Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everybody Very Happy

Today, I want to suggest this feature for forums. It's a unique password for the admin panel.

Currently we can put the option "Confirm password to administration access" in:

PA => General => Securiy => Confirm password to administration access => Yes.

But, in this situation, if a hacker, "hack" (find our password) our forum, he/she can access to the admin panel, and do a "total destruction" in our forum. So, the suggestion is a new feature in PA => General => Security, a proposed name would be "Unique password for the admin panel".

The role would be, they have a unique password to access the administration panel, and without this password, the "hacker" can't access to the admin panel. Obviously, the administrator founder inform to the co-admins this password.

I think this is all. I think isn't necesary to tell, that the password can change the admin fundator of the forum.

I don't know if I have expressed well... You can tell me the dudes or comentarys (:

Bye.
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1092
Language : English and Spanish

https://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Unique password for the admin panel - Page 2 Empty Re: Unique password for the admin panel

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:44 am

I'm going to vote for yes, it's a nice idea. Razz

Back to top Go down

Unique password for the admin panel - Page 2 Empty Re: Unique password for the admin panel

Post by mpelmmc Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:53 pm

Bump (:
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:55 pm

mpelmmc wrote:Hello everybody Very Happy

Today, I want to suggest this feature for forums. It's a unique password for the admin panel.

Currently we can put the option "Confirm password to administration access" in:

PA => General => Securiy => Confirm password to administration access => Yes.

But, in this situation, if a hacker, "hack" (find our password) our forum, he/she can access to the admin panel, and do a "total destruction" in our forum. So, the suggestion is a new feature in PA => General => Security, a proposed name would be "Unique password for the admin panel".

The role would be, they have a unique password to access the administration panel, and without this password, the "hacker" can't access to the admin panel. Obviously, the administrator founder inform to the co-admins this password.

I think this is all. I think isn't necesary to tell, that the password can change the admin fundator of the forum.

I don't know if I have expressed well... You can tell me the dudes or comentarys (:

Bye.

I don't see too much use for this. Each administrator already has passwords, and you appointed admins should be smart enough to make their passcodes complex and not easily "hackable."

Also, there is always complete forum backup in the Forum Utilities
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by mpelmmc Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Empire_1 wrote:I don't see too much use for this. Each administrator already has passwords, and you appointed admins should be smart enough to make their passcodes complex and not easily "hackable."

Also, there is always complete forum backup in the Forum Utilities

But that matter is the one I already planned, the hacker WOULD guess the first password, but if he goes to ACP and another password is requested, there are more possibilities for him to give up... Or if he delay more time guessing the second password, you've got more possiblilities to notice it and then act.

Regards
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by mpelmmc Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:14 pm

BUMP! groar

(NIce smilie Very Happy)
mpelmmc
mpelmmc
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by bubblejuice Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 am

I vote yes

Write your password down to remember it so you dont get alot of pms about lost passwords. If that happens have it send you a email that u registered with to have you make a new password.

The hacker doesnt just guess he hacks. meaning that he can find your password. If they have a program to make you a certain rank then your in trouble because then they can access the admin panel and well goes down from there.

Yes we have the utility but this is just better.

When someone clicks "admin panel" have a recorder and then if you dont know that person they didnt get through because of the admin panel password
bubblejuice

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:28 am

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2