The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes.

3 posters

Go down

Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes. Empty Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes.

Post by Diana December 13th 2010, 2:40 pm

Okay, since my thread got locked for being in the wrong subforum I'm opening a new one.

Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes.
Like when you need help with some code people help you.

(And locking my thread and referring to my need for help as trash is exactly what I'm talking about. Is this a help forum or not? Why can't I post here? Okay maybe the other post was in the wrong subforum but I haven't done anything else wrong and I don't have forever to get things done. It's been waaaaaayyyy longer than 48 hours {opened a thread on the 8th of November, the longest 48 hours of my life!} that I've been waiting for answers and since I'm not getting anything here I'm asking for other forums' links. And how was my last post rude? Yeah like "Google it" is the most intelligent and helpful answer ever!)
Diana
Diana
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1286
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes. Empty Re: Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes.

Post by Guest December 13th 2010, 8:10 pm

What you describe is a real problem here, but don't blame the moderators. They were trained to admonish members first, then ask questions later. It's RUDE to tell someone you won't answer a question unless the title fits into a specific guideline. It's RUDE to tell someone to stop double-posting and leave their question unanswered, when you know the answer to the question. In case one, be a moderator and change the title yourself! In case two, be a moderator and delete the double post, then answer the question! And I won't even get into the policy of locking topics within minutes of a potential (and I stress POTENTIAL) solution being posted!

I've been around here long enough to know who created this (foolish) moderation policy. But that person is no longer involved with forumotion, so I wish someone stepped up and created a new moderation policy.

OK, enough of that. You can actually find some CSS help here if you make sure to ALWAYS post your question in this (script/code problems) forum.

I can only recommend one "outside" site that gives forumotion-specific CSS help. It's webartzforum.com, run by two of the moderators here (which means it does have some of the same moderation issues you see here, though thankfully to a lesser extent). The other sites I've seen are so specific to Chrome that I cannot recommend them. Their boards either won't display properly (IE) or take forever to load/scroll (Firefox/Opera), and much of the advice will cause problems with non-Chrome browsers.

Back to top Go down

Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes. Empty Re: Can someone please post or pm some links to forums that deal with css and other codes.

Post by Sanket December 13th 2010, 8:47 pm

rhe, to a certain extent I too disagree with a certain few moderation rules. But, i follow the moderation rules just so that members know that if they don't follow the rules they won't be provided with any help. Thats my personal thinking.

As far as locking this kind of a thread in the GD was concerned its because people will start spamming this thread with links to forums. Which would be considered as advertising. Hence to avoid such things, we lock such thread. I will be locking this thread as well in a while after you reply.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 December 18th 2010, 5:39 pm

Dion wrote:What you describe is a real problem here, but don't blame the moderators. They were trained to admonish members first, then ask questions later. It's RUDE to tell someone you won't answer a question unless the title fits into a specific guideline. It's RUDE to tell someone to stop double-posting and leave their question unanswered, when you know the answer to the question. In case one, be a moderator and change the title yourself! In case two, be a moderator and delete the double post, then answer the question! And I won't even get into the policy of locking topics within minutes of a potential (and I stress POTENTIAL) solution being posted!

I've been around here long enough to know who created this (foolish) moderation policy. But that person is no longer involved with forumotion, so I wish someone stepped up and created a new moderation policy.

I couldn't agree with you more, Dion! The administration policies & "rules" here on the support forum are COMPLETELY ridiculous, utterly nonsensical and definitely outdated! I don't know if these rules were meant to save on storage space or what, but topics shouldn't be closed so quickly and members SHOULD be allowed to respond as many times as necessary within a 24 hour period. This is a forum too and if you need to respond and communicate with the people/members as much as possible to resolve questions, so be it!
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 19th 2010, 6:15 am

Brad, just think over it a user bumping the topic 10 times continuously in the past 5 minutes just to get help?

Okay, thank you all. Since rhe avoided to reply to this. I am locking this thread with immediate effect.
I would appreciate if your constructive inputs are PM'ed to Luky instead of just basic criticism. Smile Hope you guys understand.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down