The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question?

5 posters

Go down

Solved Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question?

Post by PlatinumWata December 15th 2010, 12:46 pm

1) I understand the thread maker is the ONLY one that can give "thanks" to someone using the thanks button.

The thing is though, he only can thank one person in each thread! So if 10 people replyed with all different informations thats helpful, he could only pick one.

Is their a way to change this? How?

2) Also when you thank someone everyone knows who was thanked due to a darker color on the post that got thanked. How do I change this to normal?

3) I first made my forum with www.______.forumotion.com, but then recently I changed that to ______.com. However, when I search on Google, our website appears, but not under the www.______.com but the www.________.formution.com.....how do I changed that?

4) Im trying to verify that my website belongs to me to prove Google....it tells me to add a meta tag or a site? or upload a html file to server....or add a DNS recrod to your domains confirguration....which one should I use? How do I do it in forumution? Thanks!

5) Is forumtion just a paid forum? I have a domain, and ad remover and it still says i have a free forum on google.

Last edited by UltimateLion on December 17th 2010, 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total
PlatinumWata
PlatinumWata
Forumember

Male Posts : 447
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question?

Post by Maki1 December 15th 2010, 1:23 pm

2. A-CP => Display => Pictures and Colors >> Colors >> Thanked message background color change it there as you want.

Maki1
Maki1
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2529
Language : English »» CSS Stylesheet
Location : The » Support » forum » Section! • No support by PM If you need custom theme please contact me!

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question?

Post by Tilum December 15th 2010, 1:56 pm

1) No
2) Answered Above
3) It wil take time for the new domain to get recognised via google.
4) https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/google-webmaster-tools-t9488.htm
5) Where in particular does it say that?
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1759

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumWata December 15th 2010, 10:51 pm

Thanks!

How do I make it work? I posted the html meta tag in alot of places....can someone help please....expalin in detail.
PlatinumWata
PlatinumWata
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumWata December 16th 2010, 4:31 am

Thanks, I verified my website.

Now, I have a few other questions.
PlatinumWata
PlatinumWata
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum December 16th 2010, 10:28 am

And they are....?

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumWata December 16th 2010, 1:00 pm

When you type the name of my website in Google, you have two websites. The one with paid domain, and the one with free domains.

How, do I remove the one with free domain.

Thats my first question...

Second, is how do I not make my website, where on the seach bar it doesnt say my forum is free forum.....?

Thanks.
PlatinumWata
PlatinumWata
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum December 16th 2010, 2:25 pm

Hello,

The free domain name may fade out over time as more people will go to the new address and the bots will record things under the paid name too.
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Search-48x48 As for your second question, navigate to:

Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Admin Panel
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 General
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Configuration
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Site Name
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Remove the "Free forum:"

Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Tick-48x48 Save & Complete

~ Tilum
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumWata December 16th 2010, 2:29 pm

Tilum (December 16th 2010, 2:25 pm) wrote:Hello,

The free domain name may fade out over time as more people will go to the new address and the bots will record things under the paid name too.
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Search-48x48 As for your second question, navigate to:

Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Admin Panel
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 General
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Configuration
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Site Name
Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Gear-16x16 Remove the "Free forum:"

Thanks Button Question? and color of thanks.....and search engine ranking question? Tick-48x48 Save & Complete

~ Tilum

I removed the "Free Forum" about 2 days, ago, and the paid domain still says Free Forum, while the non paid says just my website like how I want......this is strange?

Also, is their no way just to remove the non paid forum? like if I asked google to say I prefer the paid domain?
PlatinumWata
PlatinumWata
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilum December 16th 2010, 2:55 pm

No
Tilum
Tilum
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumWata December 16th 2010, 2:56 pm

Does it take time for me to see my domain site, to not say free forum?
PlatinumWata
PlatinumWata
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket December 16th 2010, 8:17 pm

General>Search Engines
Change it there.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by PlatinumWata December 17th 2010, 1:17 am

Solved.
PlatinumWata
PlatinumWata
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario December 17th 2010, 1:57 am

Solved => Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down