The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tutorial section for the forums?

+2
MrMario
AlphaPkz
6 posters

Go down

Should we add a tutorial section to the forum?

Tutorial section for the forums? Left1180%Tutorial section for the forums? Right11 80% 
[ 4 ]
Tutorial section for the forums? Left1120%Tutorial section for the forums? Right11 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Tutorial section for the forums? Empty Tutorial section for the forums?

Post by AlphaPkz December 28th 2010, 01:50

I don't know if this has been suggested before but I believe that the community will benefit a lot of experienced users with CSS/HTML can share their creations with non-experienced users to make their forums look better. I know that if you're experienced with CSS and HTML and scripting, you wouldn't want your originality being posted on the forum for everyone to see. The community will benefit a lot from this section and users can learn by following the tutorial itself. Please vote on the poll if you agree with me! If you don't agree then please vote the 'No, leave a reason why' option and post your reason why thumright.

*I know there's a tricks and tips section but I think that if we add a tutorial section where users themselves can post guides every day, there will be more of a variety to choose from!
AlphaPkz
AlphaPkz
Forumember

Male Posts : 251
Language : English | Cantonese | Mandarin

Back to top Go down

Tutorial section for the forums? Empty Re: Tutorial section for the forums?

Post by MrMario December 28th 2010, 05:32

You can do this by PMing a staff member and have review it and then the one of the staff members will post it in the Tricks & Tips.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem January 11th 2011, 22:57

I'll be voting No

I'm all for having tutorials, but we've already got 2 tutorial sections: FAQ & Tricks and Tips.
The FAQ is for official tutorials, although members can provide interesting tutorials that end up there anyway
Tricks and Tips is precisely for what you're asking for.

Now if you're real idea behind is for there to be some sort of "course" or something to get the basics out for people to understand... My answer would be that there's already tons out there in virtually every language spoken (well, technically, every language written)
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- April 20th 2011, 11:31

as Caihlem said we have already 2 tutorial section so i vote = no
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! May 2nd 2011, 03:05

I have thought about something like this. I vote no. Just make a new thread or as MrMario said.
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 17th 2011, 07:32

I thought is was extremely simple as it is?
Anything that is applicable to templating states in it's name, and in the thread its self, that it requires templates. if it doesn't say that, logically, we assume it's universal.

To me, it's as simple as it can get.
Organizing it like your asking would simply get difficult to navigate about because alot of our tutorials are universal, or PunBB & PJHPBB2 specific, which makes it pointless creating anything specific to InVision, PHPBB3 - they both dont have access to templates, yet, the tutorial authors provide details to work on both versions.
Anything that used to be PunBB or PHPBB2 specific has now been re-worked, so details have been provided to work on both versions..
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum