The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banning IPs

5 posters

Go down

Banning IPs Empty Banning IPs

Post by SMV November 7th 2007, 3:38 pm

Hi we have a problem with someone coming back on to our forum using a different name after they have already been banned
can I ban their IP number or is it true that IPs are rolling and so you use a different one ever time?

What can be done to stop this person from using yet another internet based email address and rejoining it takes minutes to get an email addy from various places

Any advice how to ban this person and keep them banned
SMV

Female Posts : 18
Language : english

http://motorsport.niceboard.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Banning IPs Empty Re: Banning IPs

Post by Har Dy November 8th 2007, 2:43 am

I already answer you on other topic you just double. Try and find it , =P
Har Dy
Har Dy
Forumember

Male Posts : 693
Language : English , Vietnamese

Back to top Go down

Post by X3MiX May 28th 2008, 4:55 pm

I have this person on my BAN LIST Dj-Chris but he has not made any post for me to take his IP down. I banned him but then he signed up again as Dj-Chris2213 with a different email and also he hasnt made any post as well or even an introduction of himself (in my forum one must introduce himself/herself within 24hrs) my question is.. How do i get this username or his ample of email registrations to remain outside my forum? Without IP tracker (with or without post) do I need to result to banning half of the world just for ONE pesty person?
X3MiX

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamela May 29th 2008, 1:27 am

The way I handle this is to capture the person's IP address via an email address. In order to join my forum you have to register first, then I send a questionnaire via email for them to fill out.

Once I get the email back, I open the header on the email and capture the IP and then check it out against what they filled out on their profile.
Pamela
Pamela
Forumember

Female Posts : 104
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke May 29th 2008, 1:30 am

Guest wrote:The way I handle this is to capture the person's IP address via an email address. In order to join my forum you have to register first, then I send a questionnaire via email for them to fill out.

Once I get the email back, I open the header on the email and capture the IP and then check it out against what they filled out on their profile.
dont you think they can reply to your questionarie from another PC ( with different IP) ???
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke May 29th 2008, 1:32 am

Har Dy wrote:I already answer you on other topic you just double. Try and find it , =P
instead of this you could've just answered the question .
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum