The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invision Coding - Is it possible to create a forum view with blog post?

Go down

Invision Coding - Is it possible to create a forum view with blog post? Empty Invision Coding - Is it possible to create a forum view with blog post?

Post by Guest January 12th 2011, 6:37 pm

The question is, in a more elaborate form, I would like to know if it's possible to create a specific forum that looks like a forum when browsing through topics, but when you click a topic, the messages are displayed as if it was a blog. Is this possible? I would like to create some forums to have blog looking post but I want to be able to browse through the topics as a regular looking forum.

IMO browsing through topics in a forum view looks more cleaner and less cluttered. Also viewing individual topics that have blog looking replies looks clean as well. I want to know.. Is this possible on Invision specifically? Or any other version type for that matter?

Note: I've actually not seen this on any forum.

Back to top Go down

Invision Coding - Is it possible to create a forum view with blog post? Empty Re: Invision Coding - Is it possible to create a forum view with blog post?

Post by Guest January 12th 2011, 8:45 pm

Can this be done? If you want all the information from a standard forum topic list, the answer is NO. Among other things, blog topic lists don't have pagination information...

However, it would be SIMPLE for forumotion to add this capability in the ACP. In Categories/Forums, where you now select between a blog/forum type, there could be two boxes instead: one for topic display type, and a second for post display type. The PHP pages/templates for both types already exist, so it would take maybe 30 minutes to add the code to support this.

Hey, eToxic. Let's talk...

Back to top Go down

Invision Coding - Is it possible to create a forum view with blog post? Empty Re: Invision Coding - Is it possible to create a forum view with blog post?

Post by ginnievoice February 17th 2011, 6:03 am

I came looking to see if this was possible as well. I do hope this will eventually be offered for the same reasons given above.

ginnievoice

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 14th 2011, 5:36 pm

I just came here to ask exactly the same question.
The format of the Topics threads are much better,
but the Board/Blog Index is not too great - would prefer to have the Index same as the usual more concise Forum Index format, and where last poster's name is shown & alert for new posts, etc.

Good to know other Admins are asking the same thing.

Cas

(PS - I don't know what Invision Coding is though!!)

EDIT - Further to this post of mine the other day, I'm posting a new suggestion about it on the "Suggestions for your Forums" Board, here....
Option to enable Blog-view Topics with regular Forum-view Index?

Last edited by Cas on March 15th 2011, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posted similar on Suggestions Board - adding note.)

Back to top Go down