The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members being harassed, information given out

3 posters

Go down

Solved Members being harassed, information given out

Post by RJBMama January 15th 2011, 6:09 pm

I'm just trying to confirm something.
Lately, a forum that I am a member of has been getting threats of lawsuits for libel (it is a gossip forum, some of the conversations can get mean). While I know the law, I realize that threats like that are pretty empty and made to scare the members of the forum.

However, the following post led me here:
"Actually it was rather easy with the cooperation of forumotion.com the host owners of this free site that have been getting quite a number of complaints.

And now that the FBI has all the IP numbers in relation to your posts, enjoy your subpeona."

This is in regards to that person posting personal information of some minor (under 18) members of our site and how they got that information. Basically, they are claiming that forumotion has given them the members' ip addresses. I would like to confirm the truth of this statement.

I'm not worried, but a lot of younger members are very frightened for their own security and considering the blame has been pointed on this website, I thought that I would get to the bottom of it for their sakes.

If this needs to be somewhere else, please let me know. I tried doing a search, but came up short. Thank you in advance.
RJBMama

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Members being harassed, information given out

Post by MrMario January 15th 2011, 7:29 pm

I'm not really sure what to say to this topic. We don't give out peoples information unless required by law. All of this sounds odd to me and just to mess with you.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by RJBMama January 15th 2011, 8:45 pm

Thank you.
That is all the information that I needed, really. Smile
RJBMama

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 16th 2011, 4:17 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
Members being harassed, information given out 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum