The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Send PM when post deleted

4 posters

Go down

Send PM when post deleted Empty Send PM when post deleted

Post by Puttfunhouse. January 28th 2011, 1:04 am

Hi,
I've tried for a little while now, and I have the version (I forget what it's called) that can do template editing. I've been trying so that when you click 'delete' to a post, it brings you to the screen (Forum came that way) but when you say yes to 'Arew you sure you wish to delete this post?' instead of going to a screen that brings you to the forum the post used to be in, it goes to a private message, that's being sent to that person.
I can't find even were that is. Could someone help me, or possibly give me a code to do so?

Also, I don't know if this is in any way possible, but could it be able to have the PM subject already filled out? And, some of the PM to?

~Valo
Puttfunhouse.
Puttfunhouse.
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Send PM when post deleted Empty Re: Send PM when post deleted

Post by Jophy January 28th 2011, 1:59 am

That's not possible.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Puttfunhouse. January 30th 2011, 12:54 am

Although the already filled out part isn't possible, I do belive with template editing I could have it so instead of going back to the post it brings you to a PM set-up, even if it's not already filled out to that user. What I'm asking is WHERE in template editing is the code, and what I would send it to and how.

~PF
Puttfunhouse.
Puttfunhouse.
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 1st 2011, 4:02 pm

that's not going to be possible.
the closest you can get to that would be to remove the delete feature form your pic's management, then creating your own delete then using that delete image along with the link added to lead to your contact board.

then you will have to place this in your post body template in it's appropriator place.

But that is about the closest thing you can get to what you are asking.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 3rd 2011, 2:09 am

Hi,

Actually I don't think this is possible even with template editing.

Kirk, I do have to ask, how exactly are you going to change the link that says "Delete this post AND direct back to X screen" without editing the respective DB code, which we can't access.. eh? Razz
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down