The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opera Browser doesn't show forum correctly.

4 posters

Go down

Opera Browser doesn't show forum correctly. Empty Opera Browser doesn't show forum correctly.

Post by ThomasCo February 9th 2011, 10:43 pm

I'm at my wits end with this and feel like crying and just abandoning the forum I've worked so hard for.

I've changed my forum version to Invision because it looks so much better, but have had problems ever since.

I've only now, after spending all day trying to work it out, realised that the problem lies with Opera.

In Opera my forum colours are wrong and many other bugs, but opened my forum up in Firefox and it was all fine.

Not only does it look really bad with many potential people who might sign up, but also the fact that I'm on dial up and Opera is the fastest browser for me.

I use many other forums and have no issues. I'm using this forum now using browser and again no issues, so why with my forum?

Sorry to create a thread having not waited 24 hours, but I'm really frustrated and annoyed right now.

Someone here has got to have an answer.

I wait in great anticipation to responses.

Thank you.
ThomasCo
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Opera Browser doesn't show forum correctly. Empty Re: Opera Browser doesn't show forum correctly.

Post by musket February 10th 2011, 12:35 am

Provide a URL link to your forum

ps. Opera is not up to the same standard as other browsers when it comes to reading, deciphering, and showing. Thumb down
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Opera Browser doesn't show forum correctly. Empty Re: Opera Browser doesn't show forum correctly.

Post by kirk February 10th 2011, 5:53 am

yeah i have IE,Firefox,Opera,Safari,Chrome and flock.

so i will try it on all my browsers and see how it is.

But usually things always work fine on all browsers but IE. at least for me anyway.

Be sure your browser is up to date as well, but i highly doubt it's a forumotion glitch.. i mean you could have some sort of coding that may be conflicting with things as well.

But post you link and i will try with my browsers and try running a couple bug reports as well.

but excuse my french.. but certain browsers can be a real biatch at time.
like for instance, i am setting up the new forumotion online magazine.. well everything seems fine on all browsers.. god forbid you go on there with IE... LOL but i been adjusting things.. so i definitely know what you mean, it's enough to drive ya insane!!!!!! lol
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasCo February 10th 2011, 10:15 am

http://chatties.forumotion.co.uk/

It is all fine now for some strange reason.

The only little error I notice is that the bookmark widget doesn't display all bookmarks in Opera.

Smile

EDIT: Could I ask how you know which post someone has reported? Like it's OK on Invision because you have posts numbers, but on the others versions how do you know which post has been reported as it only gives you the link to the thread.

Thank you.
ThomasCo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 11th 2011, 6:25 am

ThomasCo wrote:

EDIT: Could I ask how you know which post someone has reported? Like it's OK on Invision because you have posts numbers, but on the others versions how do you know which post has been reported as it only gives you the link to the thread.

Thank you.

Display>Pics management
Advanced mode
Buttons tab.
Post report sent : Thats the image that is displayed at the post.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum