The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

add new topic section has gone missing

3 posters

Go down

add new topic section has gone missing Empty add new topic section has gone missing

Post by BPL2771 November 14th 2007, 11:22 am

all of the sudden when I click on add new topic I just get a blank area where my text field use to be. The smiley section is missing half way down and every thing is blank the rest of the way down all the way across the page. and the page scrolls down for a mile with nothing there but the background. I selected restore my forum, losing an entire days worth of work, and the problem is still there. The forum is pretty much useless at this point since no new topics can be made and no replys can be made. Somebody....anybody.....please help.

http://movieemporium.forumotion.com/

Non members can post topics in the guest section. Try it and you'll see what I mean. My whole forum is like that.
BPL2771

Language : English

Back to top Go down

add new topic section has gone missing Empty Re: add new topic section has gone missing

Post by Shadow November 14th 2007, 11:31 am

It's a known issue, that should know be fixed.
Try deleting your cache (ctrl + F5) and see if it's ok now.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

add new topic section has gone missing Empty Re: add new topic section has gone missing

Post by BPL2771 November 14th 2007, 11:53 am

That did help. Thanks. Only, now it looks quite different. The text field is stretched out really wide (I have to scroll acrossed to see it all and the tags, which were text based, are now images and instead of two rows they are in one long row which is probably what's stretching my screen like that. Any suggestions?
BPL2771

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow November 14th 2007, 11:55 am

Yes this issue is been fixed right now by a tech Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by BPL2771 November 14th 2007, 11:59 am

I don't suppose there is any way to undo a restore and get back everything that I lost when I did it, is there.
BPL2771

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow November 14th 2007, 12:03 pm

you can make a backup of your forum from yesterday.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by BPL2771 November 14th 2007, 12:08 pm

Well, that's what I did, hoping it would correct the problem. The thing is I was very busy today and did a lot of work on my page and pretty much lost everything I did today. I was wondering if I could undo that restore and get back what I did today or if it was permanent.

Note to self: Never click restore unless you really, truly, absolutely, positively mean it! Hahaha!
BPL2771

Back to top Go down

Post by BPL2771 November 14th 2007, 1:10 pm

This isn't working.......pressing (Ctrl+5 works).......for about 5 seconds. Every new post I make though I have to do the same thing (sometimes 3 or 4 times). Am I going to have to do this every time I make a post? I give up for now. This is just way to frustrating. I'll check back later today. Hopefully things will be worked out by then because there's no sense in even trying to work on my forum right now. I didn't have any problems until you changed the buttons so I'm assuming the problem's on that end. Well, I'll get out of your hair for now and let you guys figure this out.

Thanks for the help
BPL2771

Back to top Go down

Post by murph12 November 14th 2007, 1:14 pm

no, I still dont get a window in phpbb2 mode. only in phpbb3, and i tried everything that was posted heere

my forum is
http://xamuusga.forummotion.com

Just see for yourself, by clicking on the new topic or reply button
It gives you a screen in which you normaly type your message, but that message window is just gone.

EDIT: I see just 1 option, you just remove the dull update, and restore the message window to it's previous state. We didn't need the update anyway.
murph12
Forumember

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down