The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hover over tooltips for topics

4 posters

Go down

Would you like tooltips for topics?

Hover over tooltips for topics Left1183%Hover over tooltips for topics Right11 83% 
[ 5 ]
Hover over tooltips for topics Left1117%Hover over tooltips for topics Right11 17% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

Hover over tooltips for topics Empty Hover over tooltips for topics

Post by Brad38 February 11th 2011, 7:31 pm

This would be an excellent addition and feature to Forumotion boards. The coding necessary for this feature is already in place for forums hosted by Forumotion. What this feature would do is allow users to see a short summary of what is contained in the first post of the topic itself and without clicking on the topic link. When you hover your mouse over a topic, a pop up appears and displays portions of the content of the post. This is a feature used by many other highly popular forum hosts and forum software.

Not only does it save some time when browsing topics to see if they are of interest to you, but it also lets the user see more about the post without having to click on the link. This is much better option than the topic description feature offered here and so much simpler...IMO. Wink

Please vote for this idea and I know you would all love it! It's simple, yet very effective. Very Happy

Here is an example of hover-over tooltips for a topic:

Hover over tooltips for topics Image210
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Hover over tooltips for topics Empty Re: Hover over tooltips for topics

Post by Brad38 February 18th 2011, 10:30 pm

No responses or feedback? I guess I'm not surprised....there doesn't seem to be many here with much common sense. Plus, I keep forgetting I'm usually dealing with people 12-17. Hover over tooltips for topics Guish2

Well, don't expect a vote from me over your weak ideas either!
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheListener_ February 18th 2011, 10:49 pm

Hey, I'm 15 and voted yes. Do I get anything for being this special? Very Happy

Some random, unknown and smart guy has given me the directions to install this on a board; however, since I need access to the PHP to accomplish this, I've PMed one of the technicians, whose name can't be spelled, to suggest this. That happened last monday, and I've gotten no reponse yet... so don't get your hopes up. Razz

I'd love to see something like this, great VB and IPB feature... and really easy to install. Very Happy
TheListener_
Forumember

Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy February 19th 2011, 6:37 am

Brad38 wrote:No responses or feedback? I guess I'm not surprised....there doesn't seem to be many here with much common sense. Plus, I keep forgetting I'm usually dealing with people 12-17. Hover over tooltips for topics Guish2

Well, don't expect a vote from me over your weak ideas either!
I suggest you to stop saying/rude comments to people that are aged 12-17 years old (I'm one of those), watch your language! Or get a damn warning/ban from me if you don't stop this kind of comments. This message doesn't require a reply.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 February 21st 2011, 9:02 pm

I'm sorry for my outburst, Joph25.....I just became frustrated. No offence to you or anyone else, I have the utmost respect for you and all the others who moderate this forum.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket June 13th 2012, 7:52 pm

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru