The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make a Forum Viewable to only Members?

2 posters

Go down

Make a Forum Viewable to only Members? Empty Make a Forum Viewable to only Members?

Post by Jessica.Draheim February 19th 2011, 12:04 am

Hello,

I am new to Forum and trying to create one for my work. Is it possible for me to make the forum private? Or at least that the person has be become a member before they can view the posts on my Forum? The information we will be sharing is private to our job and I would not like it made available to the entire general public. I already have it set that you have to be a member to post, but I didn't know if it was possible to make it so that you had to be a member to even view it?

Please help....Thanks in advance...and have a good day! Laughing
Jessica.Draheim

Female Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Make a Forum Viewable to only Members? Empty Re: Make a Forum Viewable to only Members?

Post by Guest February 19th 2011, 12:44 am

Ap -> General -> Categories & Forums -> Press Make a Forum Viewable to only Members? Editer Modify -> Permission -> View the forum and its messages: Select Members
And if you want you can make categories & forums show,but when enter they must login.
Select Advance -> Guests -> View the forum: If you select, forum will show, but guests can't enter without login.

Back to top Go down

Make a Forum Viewable to only Members? Empty Re: Make a Forum Viewable to only Members?

Post by Jessica.Draheim February 19th 2011, 2:50 am

Alright, I'm obviously not very good at this....

I've done these steps: Ap -> General -> Categories & Forums -> but then you said I need to modify. Do I have to modify each one individually? Or is there a modify button where I can do them all at once?

If I do click on modify on each individually, the only place I see permissions is on the left side. When I click on permissions, I do not see "view forum and its messages." Instead I see: "Here you can lock the report feature for special users who abuse of them" or "Here you can disable the post report from specific users you consider as trustworthy, so members won't be able to send reports for messages posted by these specific users." Am I missing the correct permissions?

Also, I like the last option you gave me. That sounds perfect. However, in what area do I select "Advance?" I see the options of "simple" or "advanced" on the bottom of each page, but Im not sure what one "guests" is under.

Sorry for all the confusion, I'm trying!
Jessica.Draheim

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 19th 2011, 4:30 am

Ap -> General -> Categories & Forums ->
After that step
Click on a forum name.
Permissions tab
Then stay on advanced mode.

There you will see all the options Smile

If you are still stuck somewhere, let me know in this thread.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum