The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously

3 posters

Go down

How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously Empty How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously

Post by Richardr February 22nd 2011, 12:28 am

Our forum's portal page modules are perfectly lined up in a neat and tidy fashion. We achieved this result using the Firefox browser. Unfortunately we have just noticed that this is not the case when using Explorer. If we now re-size the modules to align them in Explorer, this will cause problems when viewing with FF.

Is there a method to achieve general alignment, regardless of the browser?

Thanks.
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously Empty Re: How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously

Post by kirk February 23rd 2011, 5:27 pm

You have to have both firefox and IE open in two different tabs, then another tab for your admin panel and keep adjusting then refreshing the portal page tabs untill it appears fine on both browswers.

IE is a mess anymore.. it seems things work on all other browsers but do not work when it comes to IE.

belive me it's a pain.

But other then that.
What is your portal link so i can have a look and see how it is on my end, and if i can give you any addtional sugestions or options.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously Empty Re: How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously

Post by Richardr March 3rd 2011, 9:44 am

Thanks for the advice Kirk. Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been offline for over a week.
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 3rd 2011, 11:17 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.
How to align forum modules in Firefox and Explorer browsers simultaneously 2j4t5a8

Sanket Smile

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down