The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different Header/Banner for each category/sub-category page and its topics?

4 posters

Go down

Solved Different Header/Banner for each category/sub-category page and its topics?

Post by Epyk February 23rd 2011, 4:23 am

Iv searched through the forums looking for an answer, but im either looking with the wrong keywords or blind.
Is there a way to do this either by css or html/java?
if so a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys

*edit*
sorry forgot to add im using phpbb2.
Epyk

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Different Header/Banner for each category/sub-category page and its topics?

Post by kirk February 23rd 2011, 5:03 pm

when you are creating forums,subforums or catigories there is a bar at the top of the description where you can place a direct image link to add what ever image you want.
Or you can always add the image with html or bbcode tags right in the description box
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Different Header/Banner for each category/sub-category page and its topics?

Post by SHINeeGirl February 23rd 2011, 6:06 pm

I was also looking about this a week ago,and I didn't find a solution...well I know how to put an image next to the name of the forum/category but I want to know if it's possible when I go to any topic the banner on the whole forum to be different ? For example on the very first page it's one,and when I go to some of the topics it changes? How can I do this?
SHINeeGirl
SHINeeGirl

Female Posts : 4
Language : Bulgarian

Back to top Go down

Post by Epyk February 23rd 2011, 9:10 pm

Sorry I didn't give much info on what I had tried.
iv attempted both those options and havnt gotten the desired results.

I have an on and off topic section in my forum and wanted the banner to reflect what part of the forum you're currently in.
perhaps im doing it wrong, is there a code you would recommend for image placement via the description? Laughing

Last edited by Epyk on February 23rd 2011, 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad grammar.)
Epyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy February 24th 2011, 12:30 pm

May I remind you that double/triple posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours (Use the edit button) Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Epyk March 1st 2011, 9:05 am

Im sorry I had'nt realized I was limited to 1 post per topic per 24hours. I had thought it was consecutive posts. I apologize.

I've edited in a jquery slider into the template header instead of what I had originally hoped for.
Thank you guys for the replies. This topic can be marked solved.
Epyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 1st 2011, 12:24 pm

Different Header/Banner for each category/sub-category page and its topics? Solved10Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved now.

Important: You can also help the moderators to know if your topic/problem is solved by EDITING your first post and marking the topic as solved. Thank you.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down