The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

+61
bigugly11
ozmum
wow99
Base
MasterClaus
Bad Wolf
Zod
bplewis24
Asteroid35
Zeus
trashead
Ms.Milady
!_NICK_!
paor
Cody!
Tropica
hackmodford
maiquang
esoterica
Rogo
Ivo94
darkspectre
mpelmmc
LH Justin
sisterval
D
mrs dj
lisa1302
RisingForce
Natarama
felicity4us2
Login!
SoulART
TT_05_Stang
Ezio
Russel
huskyadmin
HyBrIdIzAtIoN
sivastar
Brad38
MarkChan
eagle8x
YoshiGM
BA_admin
LostLegend
JaloxinGraphics
Darren1
paint
adminplpl
-17emon.KiD-
Made
musket
Syfte
tugatech
TGC HARDC0RE
ToTheFuture
jamski
Irian
MrMario
Emilio
Shadow
65 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 2 Empty NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by Shadow February 23rd 2011, 5:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Hello,

In order to continuously improve our services and to bring you the best in the world of forums, we offer you today a new update that will add three brand new features. Very Happy

Without making you wait longer, here are the contents of this update:

1. Modifying the footer of your forums : In exchange of credits, you will know be able to delete the footer. Extra feature, you can also add your own links for free!

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 2 RvVKI

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 2 MriZm

2. More options in the moderation panel : You will now be able to change several topics at a time to 'sticky', 'announcement' or 'normal' in a few clicks!

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 2 BLNoK

3. Your forum on your Mobile phone : Now, your forums are fully optimized for browsing via mobile devices and smartphones. The principle is very simple, the forum will automatically detect the visitors who access it from a mobile device or smartphone, and it automatically displays a version optimized for this type of navigation.
Of course, the visitor who does not wish to use the mobile version will be available to him the possibility to return to normal view forum.
This feature is still in beta, you will only be able to browse the forum as a guest. No posting yet.

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 2 GZXj6

Finally, A big THANK YOU to the entire Forumotion community for all those brilliant ideas!
See you soon!

Best,
Forumotion Team

Last edited by Typlo on February 25th 2011, 4:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by adminplpl February 25th 2011, 1:13 am

Ok. My footer is back now and it works. I still have problem with viewtopic_body template and problem with deleting posts / messages
adminplpl
adminplpl
Forumember

Male Posts : 98
Language : Polish, English, Css, Html, BBcode, Wiki Syntax

http://www.orchidswiki.com/

Back to top Go down

mobile theme - NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside! - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW UPDATE : Mobile forums, Footer edit, and more inside!

Post by paint February 25th 2011, 1:15 am

Typlo, I have a problem. I have no footer or such. I never bought the feature or anything, nor did I edit the footer. It's just gone. Any suggestions?
paint
paint
Forumember

Male Posts : 686
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by musket February 25th 2011, 1:15 am

ToTheFuture wrote:Wait, so how do I save the skin so that I can remove it and re-try? I used a hitskin, with multiple buttons changed.
in ACP>> Display>>Themes management ..... export your skin Current skin..Whole style Smile
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 February 25th 2011, 1:16 am

Ironic, you still have the footer codes in the templates, on both PHPBB2 & PunBB ......

Hey Dion, is there anywhere else, other than IPBD I can have a quick word with you?

Last edited by Darren1 on March 4th 2011, 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 2)
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture February 25th 2011, 1:17 am

Dion wrote:
adminplpl wrote:This stuff it's very shitty

Not the most eloquent way to state your opinion, but...

...well said. Wink

I hate to say this, but I agree. :/ I have issues too: https://help.forumotion.com/t86556-no-updates-working
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Language : English, Français

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture February 25th 2011, 1:20 am

musket wrote:
ToTheFuture wrote:Wait, so how do I save the skin so that I can remove it and re-try? I used a hitskin, with multiple buttons changed.
in ACP>> Display>>Themes management ..... export your skin Current skin..Whole style Smile

Thanks you. Very Happy So what do I do after exporting to fix the problem? Sorry, I'm fairly new to all this. Razz
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 25th 2011, 1:41 am

Darren1 wrote:Hey Dion, is there anywhere else, other than IPBD I can have a quick word with you?

Since IPBDion has been removed from public view, that wouldn't work anyway. You could send a PM to me here...oops, that was taken away when I did something that hundreds of other members have done with no penalty, so that won't work either.

Since I'm not going to post email addresses here, I'm not really sure how you would be able to contact me privately. Well, yeah there is a way. I'm a member on thefacebookforum.net -- send a PM to me there.

On that note...I'm done here. Have fun, people!

Back to top Go down

Post by paint February 25th 2011, 1:42 am

I fixed the footer problem, but it seems that I cannot download/export my whole skin and I cannot access the portal without facing redirect loops.
paint
paint
Forumember

Male Posts : 686

Back to top Go down

Post by JaloxinGraphics February 25th 2011, 1:47 am

---> Guys I am Losing Money On Ads ... and My web is Down It redirect me To 404 Forumotion Error
JaloxinGraphics
JaloxinGraphics
Forumember

Male Posts : 78
Language : Graphic Designer

http://www.jaloxingraphics.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend February 25th 2011, 2:16 am

I really want to be able to turn the phone view off permanently for all members even if its only a beta! It keeps logging me out every time I reload the forum and its actually becoming very undesirable to go on my sites through my iPod! (Over half of my members have an iPod/iPhone too...!)
LostLegend
LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BA_admin February 25th 2011, 2:18 am

Does it only work in iPhones? I see the normal version using other phones like BlackBerry.
BA_admin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTheFuture February 25th 2011, 2:41 am

LostLegend wrote:I really want to be able to turn the phone view off permanently for all members even if its only a beta! It keeps logging me out every time I reload the forum and its actually becoming very undesirable to go on my sites through my iPod! (Over half of my members have an iPod/iPhone too...!)

95% (no exaggeration, actual statistic via website tracking) of unique members and visitors to my website use iPods, iPhones, or iPad. It's driving my traffic away, and losing me money. Please fix it! If there's any update that should be made at all, it should be an option to disable the mobile version, like in every other forumotion feature. Thank you. Smile
ToTheFuture
ToTheFuture
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by musket February 25th 2011, 2:49 am

ToTheFuture wrote:
musket wrote:

Thanks you. Very Happy So what do I do after exporting to fix the problem? Sorry, I'm fairly new to all this. Razz
you import the skin that you previously exported that had no problems. to put things right again Smile
musket
musket
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1130

http://hemmingsdaman2.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM February 25th 2011, 3:03 am

Awesome..

Thanks for this UPDATES !!!
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1492
Language : Spanish & English

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u21373

Back to top Go down

Post by JaloxinGraphics February 25th 2011, 3:17 am

@typlo i cannot access to my forum
JaloxinGraphics
JaloxinGraphics
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle8x February 25th 2011, 3:39 am

After replacing footer, we just receive white page with "Return to your index..." and auto reload to homepage.
Link forum : http://maichoi.forumvi.net/forum
eagle8x
eagle8x
Forumember

Male Posts : 362
Language : Vietnamese

http://diendan.chinhphuc.info

Back to top Go down

Post by JaloxinGraphics February 25th 2011, 3:52 am

Yeah Same I am PLEASE HELP GUYS
JaloxinGraphics
JaloxinGraphics
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkChan February 25th 2011, 3:58 am

seem like so many people got in that trouble Wink)
Please fix that so we can access to our forum T.T

.....Still : " You can return to index..." => That's hurt T.T
MarkChan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 February 25th 2011, 6:03 am

This is what happens when old & existing problems with our forums coding is ignored. Instead of fixing or working on the KNOWN problems that may not be seen as 'updates' to many, other less important updates are pushed out instead.

Luckily, my forum hasn't been affected by today's updates, but none of the new features are of any use to me.

After nearly 3 years of being with Forumotion and witnessing the aftermath of each new major or semi major update, I'm just glad that I have Dion as a forum consultant and techie! If I didn't, I would be having many more problems than I do and like many of you are experiencing after today.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 25th 2011, 9:33 am

Hi,

We are working on fixing all the issues you have mentioned, I'll keep you updated when fixes are made from the tech team. Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by adminplpl February 25th 2011, 10:46 am

Ok. My footer and viewtopic_body template are back now and it works. I still have problem with deleting posts / messages. I have "Return to your index..." and auto reload to homepage when i try remove messages / topics.
adminplpl
adminplpl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 25th 2011, 11:04 am

Can you try clearing your cache? I just made a simulation on your forum and it's working okay.
Please also send me a screenshot if it stills doesn't work.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by sivastar February 25th 2011, 12:11 pm

Thank you Typlo. nice updates..
sivastar
sivastar
Forumember

Male Posts : 152
Language : Tamil

http://www.eegarai.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HyBrIdIzAtIoN February 25th 2011, 12:19 pm

*claps*

Now, if only it was fully developed...
HyBrIdIzAtIoN

Male Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by adminplpl February 25th 2011, 12:35 pm

Now all works fine
adminplpl
adminplpl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by adminplpl February 25th 2011, 12:36 pm

Sorry not all wokrs fine. Some pictures are not loaded, avatars and buttons.
adminplpl
adminplpl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by adminplpl February 25th 2011, 2:33 pm

Now all works Smile Also avatars
adminplpl
adminplpl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by huskyadmin February 25th 2011, 3:20 pm

My members also access the site a lot via mobile web and I woke up this morning to a lot of complaints. Has there been a disable mobile feature published yet? I'm going to lose at least 50% of my traffic and two of my moderators (I only have 3) if we can't allow them to access/post to the forum soon. Sad

I love the mobile web idea, but I think it was too soon for it to be released if there's no option to disable it.

Thanks for your work and your help though.
huskyadmin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by huskyadmin February 25th 2011, 3:24 pm

Sorry- I would edit my post but I don't think there's an edit button?

I read another thread that showed the link at the bottom. That is NOT very easy to find, so although the problem is "solved" I think that button needs to be more visible (at the very top maybe?).

Thanks again. Sorry for the double post.
huskyadmin
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel February 25th 2011, 4:10 pm

Cool. Mobile for phone. But fullsite of forumotion works on my mobile.
Russel
Russel
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1407
Language : English, Filipino

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next