The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Groups permissions.

3 posters

Go down

Groups permissions. Empty Groups permissions.

Post by Razamabaz 23/2/2011, 23:05

Hi all,

Hope you can solve this problem.

I have members which can access all forums, I have a group MODERATERS and a group ADMIN.
I want to create a group for around seven members which can access only forums which I specify.
I have created the group and added the members to the group but I can't stop them accessing the few forums I don't want the new group to access. It seems I cannot change permissions to stop them having full access to the certain forums. I can't untick the relevant boxes in the permissions in categories and forums.

Thanks

Barry
Razamabaz
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Groups permissions. Empty Re: Groups permissions.

Post by KHPlayer 23/2/2011, 23:15

Razamabaz wrote:Hi all,

Hope you can solve this problem.

I have members which can access all forums, I have a group MODERATERS and a group ADMIN.
I want to create a group for around seven members which can access only forums which I specify.
I have created the group and added the members to the group but I can't stop them accessing the few forums I don't want the new group to access. It seems I cannot change permissions to stop them having full access to the certain forums. I can't untick the relevant boxes in the permissions in categories and forums.

Thanks

Barry

Hmm...let me see if I can solve your problem.
If you add new groups, you can check off the permissions on the admin panel. Here are all of the steps you need to do this.

1. Your first stop is Users & Groups>Group Admin>Groups. You will see a bunch of groups you made. I see that you how to groups, so I'll ingore the next step.
2. Next General>Forums & Categories. Now what you want to do is click the, "gear" button next to a forum/category. That will take you to it's modfiy process.
3. Instead of heading there, click permissions. You will see a bunch of groups.
4. The four names on tops are categories, named, "View & Read, Post & Reply, Special Messages, & Moderate. Click off the checks will not let the member/group view, post, mod, or post any special messages.
5. When you are done, click okay.

I hope this helps.

~KHPlayer
KHPlayer
KHPlayer
Forumember

Male Posts : 64
Language : English

http://khplayer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Razamabaz 24/2/2011, 14:02

Cheers fella I'll give that a go.
Razamabaz
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy 24/2/2011, 14:37

Solved?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum