The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can i give acces for a member to be the tech of my forum????

4 posters

Go down

Can i give acces for a member to be the tech of my forum???? Empty Can i give acces for a member to be the tech of my forum????

Post by rpongracz March 11th 2011, 8:40 am

im the admin and founder and know to never give out my password, but can i give special permission to a member to be able to access the administration panel??? how would i do that??? its my first forum and i need it to look much better, and i dont do the tech end yet,still learning so i need a pro inside. im just worried ill give the wrong permissions and possibly loose control of the site if they somehow ban me from my own site or something crazy and take over cuz its popular.
rpongracz
Forumember

Language : Vancouver, British Columbia

http://clanillaworld.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Can i give acces for a member to be the tech of my forum???? Empty Re: Can i give acces for a member to be the tech of my forum????

Post by mehmoodriaz123 March 11th 2011, 8:49 am

yes you can do that you can give access to any of your friend to admin panel. what ever rank you have made for you , you can add them

admin panel > user & groups > group administration > select your group and click on modify icon and add the member as the part of the rank but do not forget to set the rank of added member in its profile .. another question added member can not delete you or ban you since you are the group mode.
mehmoodriaz123
Forumember

Male Posts : 98
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Can i give acces for a member to be the tech of my forum???? Empty Re: Can i give acces for a member to be the tech of my forum????

Post by Jophy March 11th 2011, 1:39 pm

Add him to the main admin group, in case the site is ruined, you can perform a backup to restore the settings, here's the guide:
https://help.forumotion.com/t64905-how-does-a-backup-work
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by wangjiwei March 15th 2011, 6:32 am

Content Removed ~ Joph25
wangjiwei

Language : English

Back to top Go down