The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums Mysteriously Locking and Restarting...

2 posters

Go down

Forums Mysteriously Locking and Restarting... Empty Forums Mysteriously Locking and Restarting...

Post by Your-Guardian-Angel Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:35 pm

I don't know if it's supposed to do this, but the topics on my site lock at about 67 pages and then make a whole new thread with the same title. The users refreshing there are sent to the new topic. Later the topic deletes itself. I tried to stop it by looking through all of my settings on my Admin Board but I couldn't find anything pertaining to the issue. I looked through the directory and there is no record of anything being locked and reset. I have tried merging the original topic with the new one and unlocking the old one but nothing happens when they merge and after I unlock it it just unlocks itself again.

Is it supposed to do that?

How do I stop it?

My members have been losing post count because of this issue and are very agitiated. Since I couldn't figure out a solution to the problem I have come here for help. I hope someone can help me soon. Thanks for listening...er, reading. Wink
Your-Guardian-Angel

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Forums Mysteriously Locking and Restarting... Empty Re: Forums Mysteriously Locking and Restarting...

Post by MrMario Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Looks like you hit a limit.

Messages in a subject: 990 messages (once the limit reached, the subject is locked and splitted)

The topic shouldn't be deleted.

Please take a look here https://help.forumotion.com/t1709-some-limits-of-forumotion-forum
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Forums Mysteriously Locking and Restarting... Empty Re: Forums Mysteriously Locking and Restarting...

Post by Your-Guardian-Angel Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Hm. Okay. Thanks!

Is it possible to change the limit?
Your-Guardian-Angel

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:17 pm

At this time, the limit can't be changed. If it does, it would change by the tech team.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down