The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change subdomain/domain name - notify everyone?

4 posters

Go down

change subdomain/domain name - notify everyone? Empty change subdomain/domain name - notify everyone?

Post by erokose April 4th 2011, 12:10 pm

I want to change my forums name and the domain name, I'm wondering if I need to sent all the members an email or an email will be automatically sent notifying of the address change to everyone?
erokose

Language : engrish

Back to top Go down

change subdomain/domain name - notify everyone? Empty Re: change subdomain/domain name - notify everyone?

Post by Jophy April 4th 2011, 12:16 pm

Hello,

You can send a newsletter to your members that will be sent on their e-mails, here's the guide:
https://help.forumotion.com/t35099-how-to-send-a-newsletter

Though if they still try to enter the old domain name, they will be redirected to the new domain name Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

change subdomain/domain name - notify everyone? Empty Re: change subdomain/domain name - notify everyone?

Post by erokose April 4th 2011, 12:29 pm

are you sure it wont happen automatically?

Because I remember once I have already done that and I got an email notification, though it was possibly only sent to me (the admin).
I just don't want to annoy the members with double email.
erokose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 4th 2011, 2:41 pm

For the redirection
General>Forum Address
Personalized domain name tab
Force the redirection of the URL: Yes.
Save.

Will happen for only domain names bought from Forumotion.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 4th 2011, 6:13 pm

Or, if you haven't bought a personalised domain and you wish to change the already existing subdomain, then you can go to:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)
2. General Tab
3. Forum Address (on the left, under Forum)
4. Change the field "Quick update of your forum name" to your liking

Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by erokose April 5th 2011, 9:44 am

guys, thats not my question.
erokose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 5th 2011, 10:17 am

So now you need to reframe your question. Smile
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by erokose April 5th 2011, 10:30 am

"I want to change my forums name and the domain name, I'm wondering if I need to sent all the members an email or an email will be automatically sent notifying of the address change to everyone?"
ex:
newname.newdomain.com

I *could* sent an email manually, but if forumotion does that automatically, then the members would get 2 different emails about the same topic, which would be annoying.
erokose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 5th 2011, 3:51 pm

Nopes, you will need to send it yourself & notify them as was mentioned by Joph25 in the 2nd post.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by erokose April 5th 2011, 6:19 pm

well if you're sure...

I just had the suspision because ive done that once already and a email like that was sent to me, but as maybe it was only sent to me (the admin)
erokose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 6th 2011, 5:36 am

It won't if you have set your recipients to 'All members', it will be sent to all your members if you have those options.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down