The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redirecting to forumotion while pending renewal

3 posters

Go down

Redirecting to forumotion while pending renewal Empty Redirecting to forumotion while pending renewal

Post by GreenFireflyGirl April 10th 2011, 5:25 pm

I've pm'd typlo, and I've gone on my admin panel to start the renewal process, so that's started already. Last year when it was renewal time, we got a free renewal due to high traffic. I never got email this year that it was time to renew, and my domain name expired yesterday. It now goes to godaddy.com, and when I click on renew there, it asks for a customer number, but won't give it to me because I didn't renew it last year, even though it's my domain. If anyone can help there that would be great, I'm waiting for typlo on that one.

As to helping me now, no one can access my forum until this is sorted, and I need to put the address back to the original forumotion domain name, and that one is redirecting to the new, needing to be renewed site. How do I reset to use the forumotion site in the meantime?

www.dogsandchats.com
GreenFireflyGirl
GreenFireflyGirl

Female Posts : 14
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Redirecting to forumotion while pending renewal Empty Re: Redirecting to forumotion while pending renewal

Post by Sanket April 10th 2011, 5:35 pm

Don't you remember the old domain name address? Check your mails.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Redirecting to forumotion while pending renewal Empty Re: Redirecting to forumotion while pending renewal

Post by GreenFireflyGirl April 10th 2011, 5:40 pm

The old domain address opens up the portal which redirects automatically to the paid for domain. I need to know how to undo the redirect.

www.dogsandchats.forumotion.com

after you hit enter, it goes straight to godaddy
GreenFireflyGirl
GreenFireflyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 10th 2011, 6:00 pm

I can access your forum by using the link: http://dogsandchats.forumotion.com/forum

Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenFireflyGirl April 10th 2011, 6:06 pm

Thanks, that's a help at least! Now to get my portal to redirect there! Searching my admin panel, and just can't find it...
GreenFireflyGirl
GreenFireflyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Base April 10th 2011, 6:41 pm

Well, you could just make it so that your forum address redirects to your forum index instead of your portal. To do that, please go to:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)
2. Display Tab
3. Generalities (on the left, under Homepage)
4. Select "Your forum redirects to : The forum index"

Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down