The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malicious Forum Adds

4 posters

Go down

Solved Malicious Forum Adds

Post by jmalone April 18th 2011, 4:32 am

There is a Malicious Add on our site that we didn't put there and can't remove. Who do we contact about that? It can be found by looking at someone's profile under their avatar. It looks like this,

Malicious Forum Adds Bad_ad12
jmalone
jmalone

Male Posts : 15
Language : englsih

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Malicious Forum Adds

Post by Jophy April 18th 2011, 4:44 am

Malicious Forum Adds WarningBold and color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font

Can we have a link to your site? Is it a Forumotion forum?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by jmalone April 18th 2011, 5:09 am

The two sites I'm speaking of are private to the clans, so I'm not sure how giving you the site will help.. http://maco-army.talk-forums.com/forum and http://maco-dragons.forum.com.bz/forum

It was reported by a member because he thought we added it to the site and the pic I have in my post above show on the site as if there was a loading problem with the video and for them to upgrade plugin. The member clicked it and his computer stopped it saying it was malicious. I for one don't click any adds so I would have never known if the member didn't tell me about it. We checked both sites and its there on both. I have one member station in iraq and says he don't see that add that its something different. I just want to make sure my members aren't scared to view the site in fear of getting a virus. I told them not to click anything on the site other then forums and profiles. All other things are widgets that are labeled with the clan name and they know its safe. I'm hoping forumotion will look into it and or remove it.
jmalone
jmalone

Back to top Go down

Post by jmalone April 18th 2011, 5:11 am

Forgive me, after posting this I just saw this, "Bold and color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font"
jmalone
jmalone

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 18th 2011, 5:17 am

Malicious Forum Adds WarningPlease avoid double/triple posting. Posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button. Wink

Malicious Forum Adds WarningBold and color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font. This is your 2nd reminder about this, the 3rd one will be a warning.

I can't see any since i think you disabled us from viewing the forum as guests, can we please see a screenshot of it?

Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by jmalone April 18th 2011, 5:33 am

Joph25 wrote:
Malicious Forum Adds WarningPlease avoid double/triple posting. Posts need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button. Wink

Malicious Forum Adds WarningBold and color are reserved for moderation, like this, so please keep to the default font. This is your 2nd reminder about this, the 3rd one will be a warning.

I can't see any since i think you disabled us from viewing the forum as guests, can we please see a screenshot of it?

I gave you a screen shot in the first post, if I give you another screen shot that would be "double/triple posting" right?

3rd will be a warning?? Dude chill out a bit for me ok, I'm here for support, not to be gotten onto like a kid.

If you would have read my post you have seen that it is private to clans, is there a tech in the house? I'm not trying to be rude but most of your post is about warnings when all I need is support on a forum that forumotion host for us. Love these forums and have used them since 2009 now and all I need is some guidance.

Someone, anyone.. Tell me how to keep my forums safe for my members!
jmalone
jmalone

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 18th 2011, 5:47 am

Well if you don't want more reminders or warnings, read the rules first:
https://help.forumotion.com/t60587-general-rules

The forum has got some strict rules because there are lots of members requesting for support and can you imagine without rules and mods enforcing rules here? It would be chaos with lots of member bumping their topics, flame wars etc.... That's why please appreciate the rules.

I'm asking for a full screenshot where is is placed not just the screenshot of the advertisement, give me a full screenshot of the forum and point it where it is so we can have a better look if it's just placed on a widget or not.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 18th 2011, 5:51 am

I believe jmalone said in the first post that it appeared in the profiles. On my forum, there are ads on the right side under the member's avatar.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmalone April 18th 2011, 6:03 am

Here's a screen shot of a test account's profile,

Malicious Forum Adds Bad_ad13

Thank you for your time, you can close this thread if you like. I have figured out how to keep the members safe from it, it's just the guest that will have to deal with it now, to which we don't have to worry about because its private..

AP >General > Configuration > Activate ads: Guests > Save..

Thanks again...
jmalone
jmalone

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 18th 2011, 6:04 am

Thanks for posting a screenshot, however, if you feel that it's harming your members, you can PM Typlo with the screenshot of the harmful ads and report the ads Wink

Solved -> Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 18th 2011, 6:09 am

well this makes no sense..
dunno how a add would be there, plus it looks like it's a video that might have been added in the forums template.. and will not work unless you fix,upgrade or install the plug-in.

But what ever the case since you requested to have this closed i will mark as solved and lock the thread.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down